AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce Life Flight Network has signed firm orders for three AW119Kx single engine helicopters, completing the 15 helicopter acquisition plan, to meet its future air medical helicopter transport requirements.
The contract was signed today by Michael Griffiths, Life Flight Network’s CEO, and Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, North America during a ceremony held at the Air Medical Transport Conference in Virginia Beach, VA. Deliveries based on the initial order have begun, with 10 aircraft already in service and operating from bases in Oregon, Washington and Idaho.
“We value our partnership and relationship with Life Flight Network, and are pleased to announce that they are completing the 15 helicopter acquisition plan to expand their operations throughout the Northwest United States,” said Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We thank Life Flight Network for their commitment to AgustaWestland and our products.”
“By exercising our options to purchase an additional three aircraft, Life Flight Network will have 15 aircraft in service by the end of 2014 to best serve the needs of patients and provide life-saving emergency care,” said Michael Griffiths, CEO of Life Flight Network.
Unveiled in October 2012, the AW119Kx, the latest evolution of the proven AW119 single engine helicopter, features the Garmin G1000HTM integrated flight deck system while keeping the AW119’s outstanding performance, cabin space and payload. The new avionics system includes a synthetic vision system, moving map, highway in the sky and obstacle/terrain avoidance systems for enhanced situational awareness and safety.
Nearly 240 AW119 helicopters have been ordered to date in more than 30 countries by over 100 customers. AgustaWestland recently celebrated the 150th AW119 built in Philadelphia, which coincided with the 10th aircraft for Life Flight Network. The new AW119Kx, like the AW119Ke, is perfectly suited to perform many roles including EMS, VIP/corporate transport, utility, fire-fighting, law enforcement and government duties.
Life Flight Network, the launch customer for the AW119Kx, exists to provide air and ground critical care transportation for seriously ill or injured patients from the scene of an illness or accident or from one hospital to another. The company is known for quality medical care, a commitment to strong relationships with area EMS and hospitals, and an overall dedication to excellence. Life Flight Network strategically positions bases throughout the Northwest and Intermountain West to provide maximum coverage to the communities it serves. LFN has safely transported over 60,000 patients over three decades of operation and has bases in Aurora, Hillsboro, Eugene, La Grande, Redmond, Pendleton and Ontario, Oregon; Longview and Dallesport, Washington; and Boise, Mountain Home, Pocatello, Sandpoint and Lewiston, Idaho.
- SAFE delivers AW119 maintenance stands to NY Dept of Environmental Protection
- Leonardo AW109/AW119 – EASA releases Issue 22 of TCDS
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey