Milestone Aviation Group, the global leader in helicopter leasing, announced today that it has financed the delivery of an AgustaWestland AW109 GrandNew to Sloane Helicopters. Sloane, a UK-based provider of helicopter sales and services, will use the helicopter for the UK’s East Midland Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS), the Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Rutland Air Ambulance (DLRAA). This is the first HEMS-equipped helicopter that Milestone has leased in the United Kingdom – a HEMS market entirely funded by charitable organisations.
“We are proud to partner with Sloane Helicopters and support their vital work with The Air Ambulance Service,” said Robert Thor Dranitzke, Milestone’s Managing Director. “Sloane Helicopters provide an invaluable service to the communities it serves. We are delighted to help support their critical mission.”
“Milestone has proven to be a strong partner, offering us 100% operating lease financing and flexible terms to meet our requirements,” said Jeremy Awenat, Sloane’s Managing Director. “Their support was essential to ensure Sloane Helicopters and The Air Ambulance Service could provide this life-saving service for patients.”
Sloane was awarded a six-year contract with The Air Ambulance Service to support the DLRAA. The HEMS AgustaWestland AW109SP GrandNew is equipped with a number of technologically advanced features which increase safety and reduce pilot workload.
The Air Ambulance Service provides two HEMS – the DLRAA and the Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance (WNAA) – as well as the first and only dedicated helicopter emergency transfer service for seriously ill children and babies in England and Wales, The Children’s Air Ambulance. The Charity receives no Government funding, and relies entirely on public donations and support from the local community. For more information about The Air Ambulance Service please contact Krysten Swindells, Head of Marketing and Communications: [email protected].
About Milestone Aviation Group:
Milestone Aviation Group is the global leader in helicopter leasing. The company partners with helicopter operators worldwide and supports them through 100 per cent operating lease financing. Milestone provides financing for helicopters, serving a variety of industries, including offshore oil and gas, search and rescue, emergency medical services, police surveillance, mining and other utility missions. Since launching in August 2010, Milestone has acquired more than 100 helicopters valued at over $1.5 billion and closed leases with 22 operators in over 20 countries on six continents. Further information is available at www.milestoneaviation.com.
- The Air Ambulance Service charity predicts £2.2M income shortfall but still has £12M in the bank
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Astronautics AFI 4700 RoadRunner EFI gains FAA STC for AW109E Power
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- 10-Jun-19 N200BK Leonardo AW109E Manhattan, US-New York (1F)
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109