AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, announced today at the Air Medical Transport Conference that it is launching a North American Demo Tour of the EMS configured GrandNew following the aircraft’s display at the 2013 Air Medical Transport Conference and continuing through 2014.
“The GrandNew is an outstanding helicopter, perfectly suited to be operated by the outstanding pilots, paramedics, and flight nurses providing support to those in need of critical care,” said Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, North America. “The purpose of this demo tour is to showcase the GrandNew’s winning characteristics for the HEMS industry. With its spacious cabin, state of the art avionics and unrivaled endurance, EMS operators will be able to dramatically expand their services, providing increased emergency response capabilities to the communities that they serve.”The GrandNew, unveiled in 2009, offers advanced vision systems to achieve a new level of situation and terrain awareness. The design combines a state-of-the-art avionics suite, excellent external visibility and a flexible cabin arrangement to ensure successful completion of any EMS mission.
The GrandNew also already meets the latest NTSB/FAA recommendations for EMS operations to consider the use of an FAA-approved night vision goggle or enhanced vision system into flight programs, when conditions and missions dictate. A Synthetic Vision System (SVS), Highway in The Sky (HITS) and Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning Systems (HTAWS) provide realistic obstacle awareness in low visibility flying conditions, three dimensional guidance and detailed terrain maps. WAAS certification enables the aircraft to rely on GPS for all phases of flight, including approaches. These systems provide an advanced operating capability which sets a new benchmark in safety.
To get a first look at the EMS configured GrandNew that will soon be on tour throughout North America, visit the Uniflight booth at the 2013 Air Medical Transport Conference.
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- AMS Heli Design receives FAA STC for ALSS interior
- Heart for transplant survives crash on hospital rooftop helipad
- Life Link III grows its fleet of helicopters
- 06-Nov-20 N109EX Leonardo AW109S Boyle Heights, US-California
- MyHeli becomes newest UK CAA AOC operator
- Leonardo AW109/AW119 – EASA releases Issue 22 of TCDS
- 19-Aug-20 N95RZ Leonardo AW109E Wauseon, US-Ohio
- Leonardo AW109 Trekker chosen to support French EMS market
- The Air Ambulance Service charity predicts £2.2M income shortfall but still has £12M in the bank
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Astronautics AFI 4700 RoadRunner EFI gains FAA STC for AW109E Power
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119