Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) (NYSE: SAIC) announced today at the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting and Exposition that it will donate $250,000 to Operation Homefront. As part of SAIC’s commitment to continue its support for the families of service members and wounded warriors, this donation builds upon the company’s relationship with Operation Homefront, which includes sponsorship of the “Back-to-School Brigade” program.
Based in San Antonio, Texas, Operation Homefront is a national nonprofit organization that provides emergency assistance to military families. It provides this support from 20 locations directly serving 44 states. During the “Back-to-School Brigade” campaign in September, SAIC aligned with Operation Homefront to deliver more than 6,000 backpacks filled with school supplies for military children across the country.
“Nearly 25 percent of SAIC’s workforce are veterans who have served our nation. As a company that works hand-in-hand with our armed services, it’s our honor to give back,” said Tony Moraco, SAIC CEO and Operation Homefront Board member. “Continuing our support to Operation Homefront hits home with us. This donation will assist Operation Homefront in providing direct services to alleviate a military family’s or individual’s financial burden, as well as counseling.”
Jim Knotts, CEO of Operation Homefront, who will accept the donation from Moraco during the AUSA exposition, said, “this donation will open many opportunities for Operation Homefront to meet the needs of even more service members and their families who are experiencing hardships.
“We are thankful to SAIC for its gift to our organization,” continued Knotts. “We look forward to building our relationship with SAIC and joining together on many more initiatives.”
The donation to Operation Homefront is scheduled to take place during the AUSA Meeting and Exposition at the SAIC booth (#839) on the tradeshow floor at 11 a.m., Oct. 21. For additional details, please contact Gary Bracken or Lauren Darson.
SAIC is a leading technology integrator providing full life-cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC’s deep domain knowledge and customer relationships enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex government and commercial projects. SAIC’s approximately 14,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets, specializing in providing a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technical capabilities. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC has annual revenues of about $4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com/.
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream
- Babcock Offshore secures new North Sea helicopter contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance base gets green light