Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) (NYSE: SAIC) announced today at the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting and Exposition that it will donate $250,000 to Operation Homefront. As part of SAIC’s commitment to continue its support for the families of service members and wounded warriors, this donation builds upon the company’s relationship with Operation Homefront, which includes sponsorship of the “Back-to-School Brigade” program.
Based in San Antonio, Texas, Operation Homefront is a national nonprofit organization that provides emergency assistance to military families. It provides this support from 20 locations directly serving 44 states. During the “Back-to-School Brigade” campaign in September, SAIC aligned with Operation Homefront to deliver more than 6,000 backpacks filled with school supplies for military children across the country.
“Nearly 25 percent of SAIC’s workforce are veterans who have served our nation. As a company that works hand-in-hand with our armed services, it’s our honor to give back,” said Tony Moraco, SAIC CEO and Operation Homefront Board member. “Continuing our support to Operation Homefront hits home with us. This donation will assist Operation Homefront in providing direct services to alleviate a military family’s or individual’s financial burden, as well as counseling.”
Jim Knotts, CEO of Operation Homefront, who will accept the donation from Moraco during the AUSA exposition, said, “this donation will open many opportunities for Operation Homefront to meet the needs of even more service members and their families who are experiencing hardships.
“We are thankful to SAIC for its gift to our organization,” continued Knotts. “We look forward to building our relationship with SAIC and joining together on many more initiatives.”
The donation to Operation Homefront is scheduled to take place during the AUSA Meeting and Exposition at the SAIC booth (#839) on the tradeshow floor at 11 a.m., Oct. 21. For additional details, please contact Gary Bracken or Lauren Darson.
SAIC is a leading technology integrator providing full life-cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC’s deep domain knowledge and customer relationships enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex government and commercial projects. SAIC’s approximately 14,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets, specializing in providing a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technical capabilities. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC has annual revenues of about $4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com/.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President