HAI President Matt Zuccaro, Chairman Tony Burson, Vice Chairman Gale Wilson, and Safety Programs Coordinator Jose Orozco represented HAI in the NBAA 2013 Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition in Las Vegas, Nevada, from October 22-24.
With more than 25,000 attendees and 1,100 exhibitors, NBAA proved an ideal venue for HAI to meet with members, affiliates, and an array of aviation partners from around the world to provide updates on latest HAI safety initiatives and to promote HAI HELI-EXPO 2014. Matt Zuccaro also took part in a General Aviation Leaders Panel with other aviation advocacy leaders to discuss the current state of the aviation market and a range of issues affecting the industry.
HAI’s Matt Zuccaro, Gale Wilson, and Tony Burson discuss the world of rotary-wing aviation with helicopter aerobatic pilot Chuck Aaron (far right).
NBAA 2013 featured a full roster of education and informational sessions held throughout the week, and speeches on business aviation trends delivered by members of Congress, the FAA, and numerous businesses leaders. Gene Cernan, the “last man on the moon,” was honored for his lifetime achievements, and actor Harrison Ford was recognized for his use of general aviation aircraft to help those in need.
Helicopters had a strong presence, with HAI members Sikorsky, American Eurocopter, and Robinson showcasing their rotorcraft among the nearly 100 aircraft on display at the Las Vegas Convention Center and static displays at the Henderson Executive Airport.
Next year’s convention is scheduled for Oct. 21-23 in Orlando, Florida.
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident