The Rockwell Collins HF-9000 high-frequency radio system has been selected by Korea Aerospace Industries for the Republic of Korea Marine Helicopter program. The system will be used for voice communication, primarily during Navy amphibious missions.
“This contract marks the first time that a Republic of Korea helicopter program will feature the advanced technology of the HF-9000,” said Rich Eisenhart, vice president and managing director for Asia Pacific, Rockwell Collins. “Rockwell Collins has established a reputation as a worldwide leader in airborne communications over the past 75 years and we look forward to providing the system’s high levels of reliability and advanced capabilities to this program.”
The HF-9000 high-frequency radio system is designed for both fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft. Its antenna coupler offers full operational capability at extreme altitudes and temperatures, while maximizing the radiated high-frequency signal power. The system stores 50 manually tuned frequencies and can learn and store tuning data for 99 preset channels.
The initial contract is comprised of two hardware ship sets, on-site training, and documentation. Follow-on production orders are anticipated in 2016.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, information management, and simulation and training is delivered by 19,000 employees, and a global service and support network that crosses 27 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent