The Rockwell Collins HF-9000 high-frequency radio system has been selected by Korea Aerospace Industries for the Republic of Korea Marine Helicopter program. The system will be used for voice communication, primarily during Navy amphibious missions.
“This contract marks the first time that a Republic of Korea helicopter program will feature the advanced technology of the HF-9000,” said Rich Eisenhart, vice president and managing director for Asia Pacific, Rockwell Collins. “Rockwell Collins has established a reputation as a worldwide leader in airborne communications over the past 75 years and we look forward to providing the system’s high levels of reliability and advanced capabilities to this program.”
The HF-9000 high-frequency radio system is designed for both fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft. Its antenna coupler offers full operational capability at extreme altitudes and temperatures, while maximizing the radiated high-frequency signal power. The system stores 50 manually tuned frequencies and can learn and store tuning data for 99 preset channels.
The initial contract is comprised of two hardware ship sets, on-site training, and documentation. Follow-on production orders are anticipated in 2016.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, information management, and simulation and training is delivered by 19,000 employees, and a global service and support network that crosses 27 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
- Airbus and DCA pick Thales new FlytX avionics for helicopter programs
- Safran to continue supporting UK MOD
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Hamilton Sundstrand Awarded $17M Contract for Helicopter Flight Control Computers
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell