The Rockwell Collins HF-9000 high-frequency radio system has been selected by Korea Aerospace Industries for the Republic of Korea Marine Helicopter program. The system will be used for voice communication, primarily during Navy amphibious missions.
“This contract marks the first time that a Republic of Korea helicopter program will feature the advanced technology of the HF-9000,” said Rich Eisenhart, vice president and managing director for Asia Pacific, Rockwell Collins. “Rockwell Collins has established a reputation as a worldwide leader in airborne communications over the past 75 years and we look forward to providing the system’s high levels of reliability and advanced capabilities to this program.”
The HF-9000 high-frequency radio system is designed for both fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft. Its antenna coupler offers full operational capability at extreme altitudes and temperatures, while maximizing the radiated high-frequency signal power. The system stores 50 manually tuned frequencies and can learn and store tuning data for 99 preset channels.
The initial contract is comprised of two hardware ship sets, on-site training, and documentation. Follow-on production orders are anticipated in 2016.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, information management, and simulation and training is delivered by 19,000 employees, and a global service and support network that crosses 27 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot