London’s Air Ambulance, the charity that delivers an advanced trauma team to critically injured people in London, is the proud winner of the ‘Outstanding Contribution to London’ award in the London Lifestyle Awards 2013. This recognition comes shortly after the service reached a milestone in treating 30,000 patients. Due to celebrate its 25th anniversary in January 2014, the charity provides the only advanced trauma service available to the 10 million people who live, work and commute within London’s M25.
Celebrating organisations that continue to define the standards of excellence in London, the award was granted to London’s Air Ambulance for its contribution to safety in the Capital.
London’s Air Ambulance is an integral part of London’s emergency infrastructure. The charity treats approximately seven critically injured people per day and plays a leadership role in responding to London’s Major Incidents, including the 7th July bombings in London in 2005.
Graham Hodgkin, CEO of London’s Air Ambulance said: “We are thrilled to have been recognised for our contribution to London, having looked after critically injured people on the streets in the capital for nearly 25 years, and at the same time raising the standards of emergency medical care globally. We have served the 10 million people who work, live and holiday within the M25 and have taken a leadership role at London’s major incidents since 1989. Winning the Outstanding Contribution to London award is heart-warming and will help to secure the ongoing support of the people and businesses in London so that we can continue to push the boundaries in medicine and save even more lives together.”
With only one advanced trauma doctor and paramedic on call for critically injured people in the capital, the charity is currently raising money for a second helicopter and extended flying hours. Using a helicopter by day and rapid response cars by night, a doctor and paramedic team can be at a patient’s side within minutes, providing life-saving medical interventions, such as open chest surgery, blood transfusion, and anaesthesia, at the roadside. The service has an international reputation for clinical excellence and delivers pioneering procedures which have been adopted across the world.
- Tanis receives STC for MD902 Preheat System
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance confirms sale of 2 MD902 Helicopters
- Hungarian Police introduce MD902 fleet bought pre-owned from Germany
- Busiest Day in the Year for Lincolnshire and Nottingham Air Ambulance
- Londons Air Ambulance wins Pride of Britain Award
- London Air Ambulance boss quits
- Cornwall Air Ambulance make milestone 26,000th rescue
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- Hungarian Police buys five pre-owned MD Explorers
- Londons Air Ambulance launches photo competition for 2017 calendar
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance go 24×7 – but on four wheels
- Name for second MD Explorer announced by London Air Ambulance
- Cornwall Air Ambulance extends HQ with help of banking fines
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust to replace MD Explorer with AW169
- Universal Avionics flies MD902 with InSight Integrated Flight Deck
- Cornwall Air Ambulance recruits eight doctors
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance orders second H145
- UK Police evolves as two more bases close as planned