Dodge City Community College (DC3) a world leader, offering a 2-year college degree in Applied Science utilizing Rotorcraft – Helicopters, has zero unemployed graduates since the program began, over 5 years ago. At the inception of their Flight Instructor Program, Dodge City Community College awarded its flight training contract to Universal Helicopters.
Universal Helicopters, a well-established helicopter flight training organization, has hired 100 percent of DC3’s students, once the student has completed the necessary helicopter ratings. In addition, students who have completed their tenure as flight instructor pilot with Universal Helicopters have obtained commercial pilot positions nationwide. This comprehensive Associates Degree in Applied Science trains students from the Ab Initio stages, through Certified Flight Instructor Instrument, including, Night Vision Goggle and Turbine transitions.
Anthony Lyons, V.P. of Community and Industry Relations at Dodge City Community College stated, “Before the start of the Military post 9/11 GI Bill, it was reasonable to assume that most of our graduates would have employment as a Helicopter Pilot/ Instructor once they completed their ratings through CFII but, to see the number of enrolled students increase by 5 times, both military and non-military, and to still experience a 100 percent placement rate after completion of all ratings through CFII, is unbelievable.”
According to Mr. Lyons, other colleges that have similar contracts with Universal Helicopters have been experiencing the same thing… All graduates are getting employed in the commercial helicopter industry.
“DCCC is in the education business to provide high demand, high paying jobs and careers to our graduates. With 22 technical programs at our college, we expect to see an average hiring rate of 70 to 90 percent after graduation. The results we have seen with our Helicopter Program…..well you can understand the joy and pride we all feel, related to this college program.” stated Dr. Don Woodburn, President of Dodge City Community College.
With 4 locations in 3 states, Arizona, Kansas and Utah, DCCC provides plenty of opportunities for students who want to become Commercial Helicopter Pilots. Please go to Dodge City Community College’s website at dc3.edu to get a closer look at our program. Click on Programs then Flight Instructor or call Mr. Anthony Lyons at 620-227-9203.
For detailed information about helicopter flight training, please go to the Universal Helicopters website at universalheli.com or call Dr. Gordon Jiroux at 602-460-2258.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit