AgustaWestland was reported this week in another aviation journal as having sold three AW101s from the twelve built for India – the same batch of twelve currently subject to ongoing discussions with the authorities there (more updates on that front soon, we expect!). AgustaWestland has told HeliHub.com that report is incorrect and if that was what Finmeccanica boss Alessandro Pansa said, our AW press office contacts said that he would not have understood the question on the analyst call from where it apparently originated.
AgustaWestland fully expect to be cleared under the investigation and to deliver all twelve aircraft. We cannot see any reason for them to sell any on prior to the completion of the process with India as that would damage their negotiating position.
We note that the AW101 displayed at Helitech in September was also one of the Indian twelve, currently masquerading on a UK military registration with some extra removable titles so they can use it for marketing purposes.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 06-Nov-19 MM81487 Leonardo AW101 Tyrrhenian Sea, Italy
- 380 mln EUR contract for maritime multirole helicopters with the Polish Ministry of National Defense
- Polish Ministry of National Defence signs Agreement for AW101
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Leonardo wins Canadian SAR AW101 upgrade contract
- First Leonardo AW101 Commando Merlin delivered to the Commando
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT to 35 days
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- Thailand signs AW101 MoU with Leonardo
- AW101 is focus for Leonardo at MSPO 2017 in Poland
- First Royal Navy AW101 Merlin Mk.4 flies
- Norway opens AW101 Training Centre
- Leonardo joins IMP again for Canadian AW101 upgrade program
- Team Cormorant re-established for Canadian AW101 Mid-Life Upgrade
- 21-May-17 Leonardo AW101 Hamr el Ain, Algeria (3F)
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Indonesian AW101 Investigation
- Indonesian Air Force Looks into AW-101 Helicopter Purchase