StandardAero’s Helicopters business in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, has invested nearly $3M in new Rolls-Royce M250 and RR300 engines to use in its rental pool of engines. A mix of five M250-C47B engines and one RR300 engine was recently purchased from Rolls-Royce to bolster the rental fleet.
This purchase increases the total investment in the rental pool to more than $10M. The pool now contains 25 engines (eight of which are M250-C47B) and an additional 20 engine equivalents separated into turbine, compressor, and gearbox modules – plus a RR300 engine. A separate purchase of four new hydro-mechanical units (HMUs) has increased the C40/47 exchange pool to 19 units.
“For most operators, downtime presents a real and challenging scenario – especially during the peak flying months. When engines have been sent out for maintenance, the aircraft is out of commission unless there is a spare engine available,” noted Manny Atwal, Vice President, Helicopter Programs. “As important as spares are for scheduled MRO, they are doubly important for unscheduled maintenance events as the operator would not have planned for that downtime.”
“This increase in our rental pool helps us to more effectively serve our customers’ rental and leasing requirements,” said Brian Hughes, Director Sales, Marketing and Business Development, Helicopter Programs. “We have made this significant investment because we believe in providing our customers with world-class service; expanding our rental pool allows us to offer greater flexibility to our customers’ needs.”
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components, energy and VIP completions markets.
A Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company, StandardAero provides a global service network of 13 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, along with an additional 50 sales and field service locations. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd is a globally recognized aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing. The Company is headquartered in Dubai and operates in four continents and employs over 4,000 people.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work