New rotary wing company, Eagle Copters Australasia combines the talents of Australian company, Aero Assist, with the experience of one of the international leaders in the helicopter industry, Eagle Copters Ltd.
A privately owned company, operating from a new base at Coffs Harbour Airport, and led by Managing Director, Grant Boyter, and Chief Engineer, Rohan Schallmeiner, Eagle Copters Australasia offers helicopter leasing and sales.
The new base has the capability to fit out aircraft to meet the operational needs of the lessee or the purchaser, and their relative ongoing maintenance support requirements.
Mr Boyter said working with Eagle Copters internationally to launch Eagle Copters Australasia was a natural fit.
“We have been doing business with Eagle for many years and have a lot of common values, so bringing together our combined experience with their international resources just makes good sense,” Grant said.
“We have a great depth of experience working throughout Australia and overseas and now we have the backing of one of the best-known international brands.”
Grant said the company is already offering helicopters for sale and lease and is also involved in sourcing aircraft for emergency services, and the mining and fire fighting industries. He said the new headquarters includes two hangars and will have facilities to complete all servicing, rebuild and fit out requirements including painting.
Grant and Rohan, both maintenance engineers, each have more than 30 years’ experience within the helicopter industry. They have worked around the globe, including Australia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Europe and the Middle East, in all facets of helicopter maintenance and have built up an extensive network within the aviation industry.
The international company, Eagle Copters Ltd, also privately owned, has been offering leasing, sales, completions, maintenance, repair and overhaul, support and product development since 1975. Its headquarters is located at an extensive facility (over 7000m2) at Canada’s Calgary International Airport.
Grant said Eagle Copters Australasia was very pleased to be establishing itself at Coffs Harbour.
“It’s a great central location from which to service the entire east coast of Australia as well as the rest of Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. Coffs Harbour City Council has been responsive and welcoming”, Grant said.
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters