Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. announced today that it recently delivered the second of two VIP S-92® helicopters to the Turkish National Police (TNP) for service to the Turkish Prime Ministry, as part of a contract signed in 2011. Sikorsky, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), delivered the first aircraft in May 2013.
The new helicopters provide Head of State transportation along with another S-92 helicopter operated by the TNP since 2005.
“Turkey has long been a strategically important and valued customer for Sikorsky. Delivery of these two aircraft marks another step in our continuing relationship,” said Carey Bond, President, Sikorsky Global Helicopters. “We greatly appreciate the trust and confidence the Turkish Government has shown for decades in our products and our company.”
In addition to Turkey, S-92 helicopters currently transport the leaders of nine other nations. This summer, Sikorsky formally offered the S-92 platform to the U.S. Government, which is seeking to replace the “Marine One” helicopter fleet that transports the President of the United States.
The S-92 aircraft is the first and only helicopter in its class certified to the latest U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and European airworthiness safety standards. In addition to the Head of State mission, S-92 helicopters perform search and rescue (SAR) missions as well as a variety of transportation missions for offshore oil and gas crews, utility and airline passengers. Since entering service in September 2004, the S-92 fleet has grown to 200 aircraft. The global fleet has logged more than 600,000 flight hours to date.
The two S-92 helicopters join a robust fleet of more than 130 Sikorsky helicopters currently operating in Turkey, including seven S-76® commercial helicopters.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
[Editor note: The Turkish National Police operate these three S92s for Emniyet Genel Müdürlügü (translates as “General Directorate of Security”) and this is sometimes referred to as EGM Aviation Group]
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™
- Sikorsky delivers 300th S92
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Sonar problem stops Canadian S92 deck landings
- Science Channel to feature S92 in new Mega Machines series
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- EASA approves Outerlink Flight Data Monitoring system for S92
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program