Air Methods Corporation (Nasdaq: AIRM), the global leader in air medical transportation, announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Blue Hawaiian Helicopters and its affiliates (“Blue Hawaiian”), a helicopter tour operator based in Hawaii. Founded in 1985, Blue Hawaiian is one of the world’s largest aerial tour operators and is the premier helicopter tour company in the State of Hawaii, offering a diverse portfolio of twelve scheduled tours on five of Hawaii’s six tourist islands. Blue Hawaiian operates a fleet of 24 helicopters consisting of Eurocopter AS350s and EC130s. Blue Hawaiian generated consolidated revenue of approximately $47 million for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012.
Aaron Todd, Air Methods’ Chief Executive Officer, stated “the acquisition of Blue Hawaiian, when combined with Sundance Helicopters, our aerial tour operator acquired in December 2012, will position Air Methods Tours as the leading aerial tour provider in two of the most coveted tourism venues in the United States: the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii.”
Air Methods believes the acquisition of Blue Hawaiian will be accretive to earnings per share at levels consistent with the acquisition of Sundance Helicopters. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2013, subject to receipt of required local regulatory approvals and the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The United Rotorcraft Division specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc., which provides helicopter tours and charter flights, primarily focusing on Grand Canyon tours. Air Methods’ fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 400 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s
- 13-Sep-20 PP-MRA Airbus AS350 Arapiraca, Brazil
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350B2 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Les Bergeronne, Canada
- 04-Aug-20 TG-PME Airbus AS350 Chisec, Guatemala (1F)
- 31-Jul-20 CC-DAM Airbus AS350B3 Santiago, Chile
- 26-Jul-20 F-GNLM Airbus AS350 Clermont-Ferrand, France
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350