AMMROC (Advanced Military Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Center) LLC has extended its support for the UAE Armed Forces to ensure the operational readiness for the complete inventory of fixed and rotary-wing aircraft, including military aviation Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services. The announcement by AMMROC, a joint venture company owned by Mubadala, the Abu Dhabi based investment and development company, Sikorsky Aerospace Services, and Lockheed Martin, took place during Dubai Airshow 2013 held between 17th – 21st November at Dubai World Central.
Worth AED 21.14 billion ($5.8 billion), this five year performance based logistics (PBL) agreement fulfills the vision for AMMROC, as set out by the UAE government in 2006. This extensive five year agreement enables the UAE Armed Forces to streamline processes and optimize manpower by remaining focused on the operation of their aircraft, while AMMROC provide full logistics, maintenance and repair services.
Fahed Ghareeb Al Shamesi, CEO of AMMROC, said:
“In only three years, we have developed our local knowledge, commenced the construction of world class facilities, and demonstrated outstanding progress as we work with the UAE Armed Forces, our shareholders and partners, to integrate global best practices and processes. Signing this contract shows the trust that our team has built on current platforms, allows us to further grow our workforce of UAE Nationals, and, most importantly, to support the readiness and strength of the air force for the benefit of the UAE.”
The performance based logistics (PBL) contract represents a paradigm shift for supplying military aviation Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services in the UAE, highlighting AMMROC’s commitment to implementing the latest global industry technologies. Under this model, all material and maintenance activity are provided under a cost per flight hour model that provides greater flexibility to the UAE Armed Forces, while facilitating ongoing efficiency improvements.
AMMROC is committed to providing innovative platform solutions for all fixed and rotary-wing aircraft operated by the UAE Armed Forces to ensure guaranteed aircraft readiness, deployability, improved safety and self reliance, thus enabling operational, humanitarian and peace keeping missions.
With the combined strength of the partners, AMMROC draws on decades of experience and expertise in aerospace engineering, material support, logistics, maintenance, component repair, overhaul and training, to deliver fully integrated MRO support programs across the UAE and SAMENA region.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team