AMMROC (Advanced Military Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Center) LLC has extended its support for the UAE Armed Forces to ensure the operational readiness for the complete inventory of fixed and rotary-wing aircraft, including military aviation Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services. The announcement by AMMROC, a joint venture company owned by Mubadala, the Abu Dhabi based investment and development company, Sikorsky Aerospace Services, and Lockheed Martin, took place during Dubai Airshow 2013 held between 17th – 21st November at Dubai World Central.
Worth AED 21.14 billion ($5.8 billion), this five year performance based logistics (PBL) agreement fulfills the vision for AMMROC, as set out by the UAE government in 2006. This extensive five year agreement enables the UAE Armed Forces to streamline processes and optimize manpower by remaining focused on the operation of their aircraft, while AMMROC provide full logistics, maintenance and repair services.
Fahed Ghareeb Al Shamesi, CEO of AMMROC, said:
“In only three years, we have developed our local knowledge, commenced the construction of world class facilities, and demonstrated outstanding progress as we work with the UAE Armed Forces, our shareholders and partners, to integrate global best practices and processes. Signing this contract shows the trust that our team has built on current platforms, allows us to further grow our workforce of UAE Nationals, and, most importantly, to support the readiness and strength of the air force for the benefit of the UAE.”
The performance based logistics (PBL) contract represents a paradigm shift for supplying military aviation Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services in the UAE, highlighting AMMROC’s commitment to implementing the latest global industry technologies. Under this model, all material and maintenance activity are provided under a cost per flight hour model that provides greater flexibility to the UAE Armed Forces, while facilitating ongoing efficiency improvements.
AMMROC is committed to providing innovative platform solutions for all fixed and rotary-wing aircraft operated by the UAE Armed Forces to ensure guaranteed aircraft readiness, deployability, improved safety and self reliance, thus enabling operational, humanitarian and peace keeping missions.
With the combined strength of the partners, AMMROC draws on decades of experience and expertise in aerospace engineering, material support, logistics, maintenance, component repair, overhaul and training, to deliver fully integrated MRO support programs across the UAE and SAMENA region.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award