[electronic translation] Helibras held, on Thursday (21) at its factory in Itajubá (MG), the first flight of a unit of EC725 completely produced in the company in Brazil. The flight took place two months before the deadline for the schedule of activities of the EC725 project.
The BRA 17 inaugurates the third stage of the program of nationalization in the country also getting pre-equipping items, electrical and mechanical installation of the crew and mission packages
Seven more that are already on the production line in Itajubá also go through this process. Before, EC725 already receiving country in the wiring, electronic systems, transmissions, rotor and all the basic configuration.
Aimed at Navy, the first flight of this unit occurred in the presence of the Fleet Admiral Luiz Fernando Palmer Fonseca, Chief of Naval Operations, Vice Admiral Sergio Roberto Fernandes dos Santos, Commander in Chief of the Fleet, Rear Admiral Carlos Alberto Matias, Commander of Force Naval and members of GAC Helibrás. The prediction is that the helicopter is ready for delivery in the second half of 2014.
The program for the purchase of EC725 for the Armed Forces is the result of a contract signed between the consortium Helibrás / Eurocopter and the Ministry of Defense to acquire 50 new helicopters of this model for the Navy, Army and FAB with the condition of the transfer of technology and knowledge required for the manufacture of aircraft in Brazil and until the last unit at the end of the contract, in 2017, these helicopters have incorporated 50% domestic content.
£ 420 million was invested in the construction of a new hangar that housed the assembly line of the EC725, and physical adaptations in the company, as a new test bank, paint booth and articles related to expansion. The amount also included the training of employees in Brazilian Eurocopter in France and coming of foreign technicians in Brazil to accompany the implementation of the new line in the country. So far, eight EC725 helicopters were delivered.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Airbus AS332 EC225 – Proposed AD 20-140 – Placards and Markings
- 28-Aug-20 JA332T Airbus AS332L1 Nagaoka, Japan
- 25-Nov-19 Airbus AS532 Liptako, Mali (11F)
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- 31-Oct-19 HL9619 Airbus EC225 Dokdo, Korea (7F)
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Swedish military sells AS332M1 fleet
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- Airbus have sold 21 ex-CHC H225s to Ukraine
- Airbus H225s finding new homes onshore
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- 08-Nov-17 JA9672 Airbus AS332L Ueno, Japan (4F)
- Two thirds of passengers unlikely to fly in H225 ever again
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- Heli-One Meets Super Puma Exchange Demand
- Concorde Battery approved for AS332