HeloAir announced today that through its partnership with Air Tech, HeloAir will be the primary contractor for recovering the BQM-74 drone off of the Atlantic Coast. HeloAir is also partnering with TASC, which is providing the Recovery Mission Specialists (RMS) crewmembers. In the event that a drone is upside down, or becomes tangled in a parachute, HeloAir will recover targets and deploy and rescue RMS crew members.
“We’re honored to work with AirTech and TASC to provide recovery and rescue mission services for the US Navy’s drone program. Our team is dedicated to staying current on recovery and rescue mission services, as it supports our broader commitment to safety and helping our customers,” stated Whit Baldwin, HeloAir president.
HeloAir began working with the Department of Defense and its affiliated contractors in 2005. HeloAir’s entire fleet is equipped with emergency pop out floats, life rafts, switlick vests, heeds bottles, satellite based automated flight following, Mustang exposure suits, Emergency Position Indication Radio Beacon (EPIRBs) as well as Emergency Location Transmitters (ELT). The safety of the mission is paramount in planning for these operations.
HeloAir provides charter and NASCAR tours, performs fire suppression, aerial filming, utility projects, operating from bases throughout the United States. HeloAir is committed to aviation safety and customer service. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Richmond, VA with offices in Metropolitan DC, HeloAir is the largest helicopter provider in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock