The Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust Flight for Life Lottery is now more popular than ever, reaching the highest number of members in its 15 year history! A record breaking 107,000 chances are now being played across Essex and Herts all helping to keep your local Air Ambulances operational and saving lives across both counties.
The record breaking draw took place at the Charity’s Head Office on 18th September 2013. The exact total number of players in the Lottery draw was 100,039.
To celebrate this fantastic achievement the Charity invited everyone who has been part of the journey for a special celebration event at Bury Lodge Banqueting yesterday; kindly sponsored by Engage People, Leisure Lottery Management and The Bike Insurer.
Janice Flower, Lottery Manager of Essex and Herts Air Ambulance Trust, said: “We are so excited and proud to have reached this fantastic milestone. It has been an interesting journey over the past few years, which has seen the Lottery membership grow from just 17,000 to over 100,000 chances! I would like to thank all our loyal lottery members for their continued support, without which our dedicated teams of specialist Doctors and Critical Care Paramedics could not continue to fly out to critically ill and injured patients and provide the expert clinical care that they need. ”
The Flight for Life Lottery is a major source of income for the Charity. Since April 2002 it has raised more than £12 million for the Charity.
Joining the Flight for Life Lottery and supporting your Air Ambulance is easy! Not only do you stand a chance of winning a life-changing sum of money, but you can also help save lives by keeping your local Air Ambulance flying.
- MD overhauls CoxHealth MD902
- Tanis receives STC for MD902 Preheat System
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance confirms sale of 2 MD902 Helicopters
- Hungarian Police introduce MD902 fleet bought pre-owned from Germany
- Busiest Day in the Year for Lincolnshire and Nottingham Air Ambulance
- Londons Air Ambulance wins Pride of Britain Award
- London Air Ambulance boss quits
- Cornwall Air Ambulance make milestone 26,000th rescue
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- Hungarian Police buys five pre-owned MD Explorers
- Londons Air Ambulance launches photo competition for 2017 calendar
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance go 24×7 – but on four wheels
- Name for second MD Explorer announced by London Air Ambulance
- Cornwall Air Ambulance extends HQ with help of banking fines
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust to replace MD Explorer with AW169
- Universal Avionics flies MD902 with InSight Integrated Flight Deck
- Cornwall Air Ambulance recruits eight doctors
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance orders second H145