A new FlightCare helicopter is now flying the skies over the NE Michigan region to transport critically ill or injured patients to St. Mary’s of Michigan.
St. Mary’s has partnered with Med-Trans Corporation to grow their air ambulance program. With this new partnership, Med-Trans is providing a new helicopter and assuming business operations.
The new, state-of-the-art helicopter, a Eurocopter EC 135 P2+, offers technological improvements to enhance safety, quality of care and increase efficiency.
“This is a win-win for our region and the FlightCare program. Our patients and healthcare partners will continue to see the same flight teams they have come to depend on over the years for clinical excellence, operating under the same protocols and medical direction,” said Mary Jo Stephen, FlightCare Program Director.
“This is an exciting time. Our newly developed relationship with Med-Trans assures ongoing success in providing critical air medical care to the residents in our service area,” stated Stephen.
FlightCare, in its 26th year of service, will still be based from St. Mary’s of Michigan. They have transported nearly 11,000 critically ill patients.
HeliHub.com editor note – the actual helicopter is N113MT Eurocopter EC135P2e serial 1103.
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Airbus and Air Methods sign additional HCare
- Aeromed in Puerto Rico adds third helicopter
- 08-Dec-20 F-HJAF Airbus EC135T1 Bonvillard, France (5F)
- 15-Nov-20 N442ME Airbus EC135 Williamsport, US-Pennsylvania
- ESG enables Internet in helicopters
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Devon Air Ambulance resumes ops – EC135s fitted with separation screens
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- EC135 Reduced mandatory maintenance and flight checks
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135