Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc. (SB47) announced today they have far exceeded their 2013 sales targets for the 4GT-6 helicopter, having taken deposits for 38 aircraft.
The 47GT-6 helicopter was announced earlier this year at Heli Expo in Las Vegas; a Rolls Royce RR300 turbine powered model 47, forecast for first delivery in July 2016. SB47 believes the 47GT-6 will out-perform its competitor aircraft in the light utility and turbine trainer market segments based upon value, durability & reliability.
Of the 38 sales, 11 are into the United States, 2 are into Africa, but the majority are into Asia/Australasia with 25 sales to-date. “We see the Asia/Australia market as a significant opportunity for the 47GT-6” said Scott Churchill, SB47 President & CEO. “The 47GT-6 is a perfect solution for light utility operations and turbine training in a region that has some very demanding operating environments. The 47 is a workhorse and customers are recognizing the value that our 47GT-6 offers over the competition.”
Of these 38 sales SB47 disclosed that although 10 are direct sales to operators, the balance of 28 are with new dealers signed up with SB47 on the 47GT-6 program.
•Sierra 47 Limited, based in Hong Kong, has partnered with SB47 and will have a network of dealers for Australia, Burma, Cambodia, People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, & Vietnam.
• Vertical Aviation LLC, based in Scottsdale, Arizona, is the dealer for the US South West and will manage the states of California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, & New Mexico. Vertical Aviation has also recently signed a Customer Support Facility agreement for SB47 and will be well placed to provide a full sales & support package for operators in their region.
• Jaguar Aviation Industries LLC, based in Miami, Florida, is the dealer for the South & East regions of South America, covering Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, & Peru.
Neil Marshall, SB47 COO stated “By the end of this year, we wanted to have developed at least a 12 month backlog in sales from the time of first delivery, and that would have been 24 aircraft. Our 38 sales makes for an exciting time at SB47 and speaks volumes to the reputation of the original Bell 47 and the capabilities of our new 47GT-6 helicopter.” As for the dealers he explained “It was very important that we developed an expansive sales footprint, especially into the target regions of South America & Asia, with established business development experts with feet on the ground. Our dealers are very experienced in the utility helicopter market, and are well connected into the customer base. Our current dealer agreements are just the starting point and much more is to come.”
About Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc.
Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc., under the private ownership of Scott Churchill, is a sister company to Scott’s Helicopter Services Inc., one of the largest fleet operators of Bell 47 helicopters in the world, and Texas Helicopter Co., Inc., manufacturer of the WASP helicopter and an FAA-PMA parts supplier & STC holder for the Model 47. SB47 is the Type Certificate holder for all FAA type certificated Model 47 helicopters. They currently provide OEM level customer support & services to the fielded fleet and have announced they will manufacture the 47GT-6 helicopter starting in 2016 . Press contact:[email protected]
- 01-Jan-21 N74823 Bell 47D1 Marana, US-Arizona
- 24-Nov-20 YN-CIQ Continental Copters Tomcat Chinandega, Nicaragua (1F)
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- 18-Oct-19 N7060J Bell 47G5 King City, US-California
- 20-Aug-17 N9526 Bell 47G2A St Marys, US-Pennsylvania
- 23-May-17 XB-LUB Bel 47D Amacuzac, Mexico (1F)
- 10-May-17 D-HAFB Westland-Bell 47 Pertisau, Austria (2F)
- 18-Oct-15 N73224 Bell 47G3B Searchlight, US-Nevada
- 11-Aug-15 N74823 Bell 47D1 Clanton, US-Alabama
- 03-Aug-15 N4002G Bell 47G3B1 Camden, US-Alabama
- 24-Jul-15 N1396X Bell 47G.4A Gilbert, US-Iowa
- 20-Jun-15 N4427F Bell 47G5 Salinas, US-California (1F)
- 27-Mar-15 C-GVHA Bell 47G.2 Chilliwack, Canada
- 27-Feb-15 N4774S Bell 47G2A Ivanhoe, US-California
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47 White Rock, US-Arkansas
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47G North Little Rock, US-Arkansas
- Bell delivers last of six 407GXs to Pennsylvania State Police
- India – Aviation school museum gets Bell 47G
- 12-Aug-14 N7089J Bell 47G-5 Mansfield, US-Illinois (1F)
- 10-Aug-14 N4690 Bell 47G-2 Jeanerette, US-Louisiana (1F)