Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc. (SB47) announced today that they have made an agreement with Lycoming Engines that will ensure supply of Lycoming VO-435 Engine “Hi-Dome” Pistons for at least the next 10 years.
SB47 will become the sole distributor for factory-new, OEM-approved pistons, Lycoming part number 76172 used on the VO-435 engine, which is used on many of the Bell 47 models. SB47 is currently developing a new turbine-powered model 47 – the 47GT6, but this agreement with Lycoming Engines demonstrates their continued commitment to support the existing piston-driven Bell 47 fleet.
With the help of SB47, Lycoming Engines is currently developing a new source for the pistons and their processes are currently being reviewed and qualified. Availability is expected in 2014 and more details will be made available as the supplier successfully passes through their qualification and manufacturing milestones.
About Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc.
Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc., under the private ownership of Scott Churchill, is a sister company to Scott’s Helicopter Services Inc., one of the largest fleet operators of Bell 47 helicopters in the world, and Texas Helicopter Co., Inc., manufacturer of the WASP helicopter and an FAA-PMA parts supplier & STC holder for the Model 47. SB47 is the Type Certificate holder for all FAA type certificated Model 47 helicopters. They currently provide OEM level customer support & services to the fielded fleet and have announced they will manufacture the 47GT-6 helicopter starting in 2016 . Press contact:[email protected]
- 01-Jan-21 N74823 Bell 47D1 Marana, US-Arizona
- 24-Nov-20 YN-CIQ Continental Copters Tomcat Chinandega, Nicaragua (1F)
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- 18-Oct-19 N7060J Bell 47G5 King City, US-California
- 20-Aug-17 N9526 Bell 47G2A St Marys, US-Pennsylvania
- 23-May-17 XB-LUB Bel 47D Amacuzac, Mexico (1F)
- 10-May-17 D-HAFB Westland-Bell 47 Pertisau, Austria (2F)
- 18-Oct-15 N73224 Bell 47G3B Searchlight, US-Nevada
- 11-Aug-15 N74823 Bell 47D1 Clanton, US-Alabama
- 03-Aug-15 N4002G Bell 47G3B1 Camden, US-Alabama
- 24-Jul-15 N1396X Bell 47G.4A Gilbert, US-Iowa
- 20-Jun-15 N4427F Bell 47G5 Salinas, US-California (1F)
- 27-Mar-15 C-GVHA Bell 47G.2 Chilliwack, Canada
- 27-Feb-15 N4774S Bell 47G2A Ivanhoe, US-California
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47 White Rock, US-Arkansas
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47G North Little Rock, US-Arkansas
- Bell delivers last of six 407GXs to Pennsylvania State Police
- India – Aviation school museum gets Bell 47G
- 12-Aug-14 N7089J Bell 47G-5 Mansfield, US-Illinois (1F)
- 10-Aug-14 N4690 Bell 47G-2 Jeanerette, US-Louisiana (1F)