AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce the opening of a new office in Seoul, Republic of Korea. The office will strengthen AgustaWestland’s position in the Far East by better serving existing Customers and promoting future business with military, government and commercial Customers.
Attending the successful opening event were more than 100 delegates including customers, dignitaries from local and national authorities, industrial partners and operators from all over the Region. Guests of honour were His Excellency Scott Wightman, the British Ambassador to the Republic of Korea and His Excellency Sergio Mecuri, the Italian Ambassador to the Republic of Korea
Geoff Hoon AgustaWestland’s Managing Director for International Business said ”I am delighted with the opening of the AgustaWestland Korea office and proud to be involved in the expansion of our corporate identity in the Republic of Korea. The establishment of office is indicative of how highly we regard the aerospace market in the Republic of Korea and how committed we are to its development. This opening is a natural progression of our recent success with the AW139 in the government and commercial markets and follows the Republic of Korea’s selection of the AW159 Maritime Operational Helicopter. .
In the Republic of Korea AgustaWestland has experienced an expansion of its market presence with approximately 50 helicopters of various types in service or on order in military, parapublic and commercial roles ranging from naval applications, search and rescue, law enforcement, fire fighting and VIP/corporate transportation. This growing presence was supported earlier this year by a major contract for eight AW159 Maritime Operational helicopters for the Republic of Korea Navy, thanks to the heritage established by the Republic of Korea Super Lynx and also includes excellent and solid partnerships with local players such as Firstec Co. and Doodam Systems Co. The AW159’s 21st-century design represents a quantum leap forward in performance, avionics and mission capabilities, while offering high cost-effectiveness. This contract marks the first export customer for the latest evolution of the successful Lynx legacy.
AgustaWestland features battle proven and state-of-the-art products for a wide range of missions to meet requirements in Asia. In addition to a potential expansion of the AW159 requirement, AgustaWestland is ready to answer to new light armed helicopter requirement by offering its support to develop a state-of-the-art dedicated platform with extensive involvement of local industry.
AgustaWestland has a growing network of regional offices and facilities/service centers that are more and more supportive of the many customers in the area. One of four AgustaWestland Training Academies is based in Malaysia, which further testifies to company’s commitment to Asian customers also thanks to a strong reputation in the oil/gas and parapublic sectors, as well as in the military for both naval and land operations.
The ribbon cutting personnel are from left to right
- Mr Lee, Hyun-soo – Head of Military Business at KAL.
- Mr Alex Jun – Regional Director – Rolls Royce Korea
- Mr Scott Wightman – British Ambassador
- Mr Geoff Hoon – AgustaWestland Managing Director for International Business
- Mr Sergio Mercuri – Italian Ambassador
- Mr Andrew Symonds – AgustaWestland Head of Region North-East Asia
- Mr Brian McEachen – AgustaWestland Sales Manager
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support