[electronic translation] With four aircraft already in the hangar factory for upgrades, Helibras held the first flight of the first upgraded AS550 Fennec of the Brazilian Army on Thursday 19th December, after completing its rebuild and modernizaston at their Itajubá plant.
A first cell – base for reconstruction / modernization of the helicopter EB -1019 – came to Helibrás in 2012 and went through the steps of disassembly, comprehensive inspection, installation and modernization.
The main objective of this first flight is the basic check of some systems, such as flight display, anemobarométrico, intercom, VHF and basic aircraft systems.
After the flight, the aircraft returned to the workshop, they will prepare for the campaign of flight tests for Military Certification. It is expected that the first Fennec rebuilt and modernized to be delivered to the Army in late April of next year.
The modernization program aims to upgrade the helicopters with modern avionics, autopilot, new radios and new Nav-Com mission equipment, such as new seats, ballistic protection, new arms weapons, plus repontecializá them. “This project is also adding new knowledge and tools to Helibrás, plus the ability to develop partnerships with other national industries. Now, we are entering the final phase of activities, including the execution of flight test campaign for military certification, painting and delivery of the first helicopter, “says Wilmer Son, Fennec executive of the modernization program.
While the first aircraft passes through the phase flights, the second lies in the integration of new systems and the modernization process is expected to be delivered in May 2014. The three others are going through the inspection Fennec partial C and will receive, throughout the next year, the modernization package.
The contract for the modernization program of the Army Fennec helicopters was signed in December 2011 and provides for the reconstruction / modernization two aircraft and modernization of 32. The termination of the contract is scheduled for 2018
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- 03-Dec-18 HB-ZCM Airbus AS350 Arbedo-Castione, Switzerland
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet