A Norsk Luftambulanse EC135P2+ stationed at Loerenskog has crashed about 20 miles north west of Oslo on landing at a road traffic accident scene. The helicopter reportedly struck powerlines on final approach, leading to instability which the pilot was unable to control. Norsk Luftambulanse have confirmed that two of their employees have died and the national flag is being flown half-mast outside their offices.
Norsk Luftambulanse statements (electronic translation)
Norwegian Air Ambulance confirms that one of our helicopters have crashed or made an emergency landing at Sollihøgda. Norwegian Air Ambulance has put a crisis team and implement crisis plan. We ask for your understanding that we can not comment further until we have an overview of the situation. We post messages here continuously.
Update at 12:01 It is with great sadness we confirm that two of those who were on board the medical helicopter were killed. The next of kin have been notified. All our staff are highly affected by this incident. We ask for your understanding that we now concentrate on the next of kin and our employees.
Update at 15.00 We had a press briefing at our head office just before at 14:00 . We prioritize Now the relatives and our staff . We handle the situation after the current emergency plans and have contact with the police , Accident and other mydighetsorganer .
Update at 21.30 : It is held press briefing in Norwegian Air Ambulance premises in Drøbak Wednesday 15/1 at 10:00 am. We will open for questions , but as of Tuesday night we do not know if we have new information .
It has been a day marked by sorrow for the NLA. Pilot Bear Nergård and air ambulance doctor Anders Nakstad are confirmed dead , while rescuers Sondre Bjart Land is injured and admitted to OUS .
The entire organization is strongly affected by the incident , and our focus is to take care of their families , employees and other affected parties. Simultaneously, AIBN their investigations, and we will contribute to this effort. Efforts to uncover the cause of the accident is a complex process . This work can take time, and we ask for your understanding that we can not answer questions about the cause of the accident.
When it comes to police attempts to call up the helicopter without contact , the Norwegian Air Ambulance familiar with the police report . It is too early to say whether it was the new radio network or the old radio contact was in use at Sollihøgda . NLA awaiting further research to get more information on this .
Many have asked about the NLA helicopters have a ” black box ” which takes up the communication in the vessel. Helicopters of this size , EC135 P2 + , has no voice recorder or flight data recorder for the sake of emphasis .
NLA is an organization in grief, and our thoughts are with the families and all those affected . Norwegian Air Ambulance operations must continue , and preparedness is maintained from all our eight bases.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrade to EC135T2+
- Thales delivers first full-flight simulator to CAAC
- Australia impressed by EC135 as a training platform
- 04-Jun-17 OE-BXY Airbus EC135 Hochsteiermark, Austria (2F)