The 21st annual STARS Lottery officially launches today with 3,217 prizes worth more than $5.6 million retail. The STARS Lottery raises over $10 million net each year and continues to be STARS’ single largest source of funding in Alberta, helping critically ill and injured patients across the province.
“In 2013 STARS responded to more than 1,600 emergencies from our three bases in Alberta,” said STARS president and CEO Andrea Robertson. “The funds we raise through the STARS Lottery are vital to keeping STARS in the sky.”
The STARS Lottery includes five grand prizes worth more than $4.1 million, including four beautiful show homes in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer and Lethbridge, in addition to a truck and fifth wheel trailer.
Two outstanding prizes are available to be won for those who buy their tickets before the March 5 early bird deadline – a $100,000 cash prize and a package including a 2014 BMW 435i xDrive, a three-night Las Vegas vacation for two plus $5,000.
In addition to the grand and early bird prizes, there are 10 vehicles, 30 vacations, 1,928 electronic prizes and 1,170 other great prizes including cash, furniture, jewelry and luggage. Two lucky winners can also enjoy a flight of a lifetime aboard a STARS helicopter. Buyers are eligible for all prize draws if tickets were purchased prior to the applicable deadlines.
Tickets are available by visiting http://www.starslotteryalberta.ca or by calling 1-888-880-0992. Ticket prices are a single ticket for $25, 3 for $60, 6 for $100, and 18 for $250.
The early bird draw is March 20, 2014 with ticket sales cut off March 5, 2014 at midnight. The final draw is set for April 17, 2014 with ticket sales cut-off at midnight on March 26, 2014. If tickets sell out prior to the early bird deadline, all draws will begin on March 24, 2014 with approval from the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission. The lottery license number is 367026.
The faster the STARS Lottery sells out, the greater the net return will be to help keep STARS in the sky.
STARS is a charitable non-profit organization that provides service 24-hours a day, seven days a week from bases in Calgary, Edmonton and Grande Prairie.
- AW139 Wet Floor Achieves CAANZ STC
- Summit Aviation Now Serving Leonardo AW139 Owners and Operators
- Leonardo celebrates AW139 20th anniversary
- Babcock wins extension to North Sea SAR contract
- Babcock reaches 20 000 hour milestone with Ambulance Victoria
- AW139 will be Colombia’s new Presidential helicopter
- Wiking takes delivery of latest AW139
- TAI marks composite landmarks, including AW139 production
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor