The National Aircraft Resale Association (NARA) recently initiated its new Business Aviation Scholarship program by awarding five students more than $16,000 in scholarship funds. NARA Brokers/Dealers and Products and Services members initiated their scholarship fundraising efforts at the spring meeting last year, by holding an auction and accepted donations for the fund.
The NARA Business Aviation Scholarshipwas established to benefit university students seeking a career in Business Aviation and, specifically, within the corporate aircraft Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Insurance community. The scholarship winners were chosen from nearly 100 applicants that are full-time graduate and under-graduate students majoring in Corporate Aviation Management, Aerodynamics, Aircraft Systems, Aviation Safety, Finance, Business Marketing, Economics and/or studies that relate to Aviation Business and Management.
“We had an impressive pool of qualified applicants for the first year of the scholarship program which made it difficult to choose the winners,” commented Anthony “Tony” Kioussis, President of Asset Insight, Inc. and Chairman of the NARA scholarship committee. “We are honored to provide these scholarship awards to such deserving students and proud to be investing in future leaders of our industry.”
The five scholarship winners include Aaron J. Ross and Brandon Lott who attend Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Douglas Eric Campbell from Middle Tennessee State University, Alexander Martin from Florida Institute of Technology and Stefan Derewetzky from University of Oklahoma.
“On behalf of all the NARA members, we congratulate these students and are proud to be supporting the future of our industry through this new NARA Business Aviation Scholarship Program,” stated Brad Harris, NARA Chairman and CEO of Dallas Jet International. “I also want to thank Tony Kioussis for leading this new program and doing a great job at launching it for us this year,” added Harris.
NARA is a professional trade association comprised of selected aircraft sales and brokerage businesses that are NARA Certified and aircraft product/services companies that adhere to the highest professional standards. Promoting the growth and public understanding of the aircraft resale industry, NARA’s members abide by an elite 14-point Code of Ethics that provides standards of business conduct regarding aircraft transactions. For more information about NARA, its members and its code of ethics, visit the NARA website at www.NARAaircraft.com
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI