Electricity generator and retailer, King Country Energy (KCE), has entered into a major associate sponsorship with charitable organisation Philips Search & Rescue Trust.
The trust provides dedicated air ambulance and rescue services throughout the Central North Island of New Zealand.
KCE’s sponsorship will specifically contribute to operational costs of the Hamilton-based Westpac Rescue Helicopter that services the Waikato and King Country Region.
KCE Retail Business Manager, Helen Peacock, said the company is honoured to support a service that promotes the health, wellbeing and safety of its customers and the wider King Country population.
“The King Country region is remote, with many residents being a long drive away from the nearest hospital. Therefore, access to emergency services is vital to the region.
“The Westpac Rescue Helicopter provides a fundamental 24/7 emergency response link to our more geographically isolated region. It’s important to us that this service is empowered to function to its full potential, and we look forward to being a part of that,” said Peacock.
Chief Pilot Grant Bremner said the Waikato rescue helicopter responded to 45 missions in the King Country region in 2013.
“Most of these were emergency air ambulance missions for accidents in vehicles, on the farm, or through recreational activities,” he said.
Trust marketing manager Kylie Harcourt is enthusiastic about the sponsorship.
“Philips Search & Rescue Trust aims to provide the highest standard of air ambulance, rescue and search services to the regional community. We are excited about this sponsorship with KCE and are confident that their ongoing generosity will contribute to lives saved,” said Harcourt.
The sponsorship arrangement extends through until December 2016 and will be reviewed annually.
KCE and the Westpac Rescue Helicopter team are also planning a local event in the King Country later this year that will provide opportunities for locals to get up close and personal with the Westpac Rescue Helicopter and pilots.
Details about when these events will be announced in February 2014.
For more information about KCE, visit kce.co.nz.
For more information about Philips Search & Rescue Trust, visit http://www.rescue.org.nz/.
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- Christoph Dortmund upgrades from BK117 to Airbus H145
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- SPAES gets EASA STC approval for BK117 searchlight
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- SPAES installs Spidertracks on BK117
- Kawasaki Receives First Order for New BK117
- 17-Aug-18 VH-JWB Airbus BK117 Ulladulla, Australia
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New plug and play caution/warning panel for BK117
- HALO Air Rescue to add BK117
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- BK117 Modification Granted FAA Certification
- BK117 Dual Torque Gauge Granted FAA Approval
- BK117 Role Equipment granted FAA Certification
- 02-May-17 ZK-IED Airbus BK117A3 Porirua Harbour, New Zealand
- Kawasaki receives first H145 order
- Airwork Upgrade of STARS BK117 fleet to meet Transport Canada H1 Helipad requirements