Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc. (SB47) has selected the Sagem Avionics ICDS-8A Glass Cockpit suite as part of the standard avionics/instrument package for their new 47GT-6 helicopter.
The ICDS 8A Primary Flight Display & Engine Monitoring System increases situational awareness through customizable engine displays with intuitive LED interfaces. It incorporates many features including a fully configurable user defined checklist, display of primary flight and navigational information, engine management data, pop-up engines with display in split map/engine screen mode, display of external mount camera & VGA inputs, and custom user databases (operators can supply data points for moving map). The ICDS 8A will also record all displayed data for later review and analysis.
“We are very pleased to be offering the Sagem glass cockpit solution in the 47GT-6.” stated Scott Churchill, President & CEO of SB47. “Unlike some competitor products, the Sagem glass is scalable and allows Scott’s – Bell 47 to not burden every customer with the cost and weight of a full-up primary flight display/navigation system. But with minimal changes & upgrades the cockpit can be easily configured to a full-up system suitable for operations such as IFR training.”
Neil Marshall, SB47 COO, explained “The helicopter will be configured with Dual ICDS-8A glass displays plus back-up flight instruments, and the glass will function as an EICAS (Engine Indication & Crew Alert System) in the standard factory offering. This will also include a Multi-Function Display for pilot checklists and that will also display our Rear Facing Tail Rotor Camera image – another added safety feature on the 47GT-6. As an option, customers can upgrade to a full Primary Flight Display, with both engine and flight data displayed, plus multiple interfaces to secondary avionics such as GPS systems, Transponders, etc.”
Thierry Derrien, President & CEO of Sagem Avionics, LLC. stated “We are excited about the opportunity to work with Scott’s-Bell 47 on the avionics package for the 47GT-6. Sagem is committed to ensuring success on this platform through a mutually beneficial relationship.”
About Scott’s – Bell 47 Inc.
Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc., under the private ownership of Scott Churchill, is a sister company to Scott’s Helicopter Services Inc., one of the largest fleet operators of Bell 47 helicopters in the world, and Texas Helicopter Co., Inc., manufacturer of the WASP helicopter and an FAA-PMA parts supplier & STC holder for the Model 47. SB47 is the Type Certificate holder for all FAA type certificated Model 47 helicopters. They currently provide OEM level customer support & services to the fielded fleet and have announced they will manufacture the 47GT-6 helicopter starting in 2016.
About Sagem Avionics, LLC.
Sagem Avionics, LLC. a company incorporated in the US with headquarters in Dallas, Texas is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sagem, a Safran group company. Sagem Avionics, LLC. provides high quality avionics products and services to Part 23, 25, 27, and 29 aircraft and helicopters. These include technical support, MRO services, and marketing and sales of Sfim, Arnav, Aviac and Sagem commercial aerospace products including integrated cockpit display systems, helicopter autopilot systems, flight control components, aircraft condition and monitoring systems, and flight operations quality assurance software. For more information: www.sagemavionics.com and www.sagem-ds.com
EICAS – Engine Indication & Crew Alerting System
GPS – Global Positioning System
ICDS – Integrated Cockpit Display System
IFR – Instrument Flight Rules
LED – Light Emitting Diode
MFD – Multi-Function Display
PFD – Primary Flight Display
VGA – Video Graphics Array
- 01-Jan-21 N74823 Bell 47D1 Marana, US-Arizona
- 24-Nov-20 YN-CIQ Continental Copters Tomcat Chinandega, Nicaragua (1F)
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- 18-Oct-19 N7060J Bell 47G5 King City, US-California
- 20-Aug-17 N9526 Bell 47G2A St Marys, US-Pennsylvania
- 23-May-17 XB-LUB Bel 47D Amacuzac, Mexico (1F)
- 10-May-17 D-HAFB Westland-Bell 47 Pertisau, Austria (2F)
- 18-Oct-15 N73224 Bell 47G3B Searchlight, US-Nevada
- 11-Aug-15 N74823 Bell 47D1 Clanton, US-Alabama
- 03-Aug-15 N4002G Bell 47G3B1 Camden, US-Alabama
- 24-Jul-15 N1396X Bell 47G.4A Gilbert, US-Iowa
- 20-Jun-15 N4427F Bell 47G5 Salinas, US-California (1F)
- 27-Mar-15 C-GVHA Bell 47G.2 Chilliwack, Canada
- 27-Feb-15 N4774S Bell 47G2A Ivanhoe, US-California
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47 White Rock, US-Arkansas
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47G North Little Rock, US-Arkansas
- Bell delivers last of six 407GXs to Pennsylvania State Police
- India – Aviation school museum gets Bell 47G
- 12-Aug-14 N7089J Bell 47G-5 Mansfield, US-Illinois (1F)
- 10-Aug-14 N4690 Bell 47G-2 Jeanerette, US-Louisiana (1F)