Weststar Aviation Services Sdn. Bhd., a member of the Weststar Group of Companies, today announced the successful launch of its first regional expansion in Asia after its new Songkhla base in Thailand commenced operations on a seven-year PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP) contract last Friday.
Weststar Aviation Services expansion into Thailand comes after a joint venture with its new Thai partner, United Offshore Aviation (UOA), the offshore aviation arm of the Nathalin Group of Companies, which is one of the largest transportation and energy group of companies in Thailand and has multiple business interests in Marine Transport, Green Energy and Ship Management, amongst others.
PTTEP is a leading Thai Petroleum Exploration and Production Company that is amongst the top ten public listed companies on the Stock Exchange of Thailand and operates more than 40 projects around the world.
“We are very pleased to announce our new presence in Thailand. The joint-venture with UOA represents another big step forward for Weststar Aviation Services and reflects our growing presence in the global offshore aviation industry,” said Tan Sri Syed Azman Syed Ibrahim, Group Managing Director of the Weststar Group.
The seven-year PTTEP contract, with an option for a two-year extension, is worth RM2billion and will utilise six AgustaWestland AW139 helicopters and a total of 140 staff at the Songkhla base.
The Songkhla base is Weststar Aviation Services’ seventh operations base and marks the Malaysian corporation’s second venture overseas, with its first international base having commenced operations for Tullow Oil in Nouakchott, Mauritania in May last year. Weststar Aviation Services currently services contracts totalling more than RM8billion with one of the largest and most modern offshore helicopter fleets in the world.
It is a highly positive start to a year in which the top Southeast Asian offshore aviation service provider expects to announce further overseas ventures in the coming months.
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Era sets major AW139 operational milestone
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre