Weststar Aviation Services Sdn. Bhd., a member of the Weststar Group of Companies, today announced the successful launch of its first regional expansion in Asia after its new Songkhla base in Thailand commenced operations on a seven-year PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP) contract last Friday.
Weststar Aviation Services expansion into Thailand comes after a joint venture with its new Thai partner, United Offshore Aviation (UOA), the offshore aviation arm of the Nathalin Group of Companies, which is one of the largest transportation and energy group of companies in Thailand and has multiple business interests in Marine Transport, Green Energy and Ship Management, amongst others.
PTTEP is a leading Thai Petroleum Exploration and Production Company that is amongst the top ten public listed companies on the Stock Exchange of Thailand and operates more than 40 projects around the world.
“We are very pleased to announce our new presence in Thailand. The joint-venture with UOA represents another big step forward for Weststar Aviation Services and reflects our growing presence in the global offshore aviation industry,” said Tan Sri Syed Azman Syed Ibrahim, Group Managing Director of the Weststar Group.
The seven-year PTTEP contract, with an option for a two-year extension, is worth RM2billion and will utilise six AgustaWestland AW139 helicopters and a total of 140 staff at the Songkhla base.
The Songkhla base is Weststar Aviation Services’ seventh operations base and marks the Malaysian corporation’s second venture overseas, with its first international base having commenced operations for Tullow Oil in Nouakchott, Mauritania in May last year. Weststar Aviation Services currently services contracts totalling more than RM8billion with one of the largest and most modern offshore helicopter fleets in the world.
It is a highly positive start to a year in which the top Southeast Asian offshore aviation service provider expects to announce further overseas ventures in the coming months.
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.