Airbus Group has announced plans to set up a financial hub in Singapore as part of its strategy to support the financial business activities of all Airbus Group entities in Singapore and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations countries (ASEAN).
“Singapore is a key strategic market for Airbus, located at the heart of the fastest growing market for commercial aviation. So it’s natural that we continue to develop our presence in this key region to be even closer to our customers,” said Airbus Group Chief Financial Officer, Harald Wilhelm. “We are building business partnerships in Singapore covering among other things, R&T, material management and supply chain development. And there is upside potential for more. The proximity of a small dedicated Airbus financial team in Singapore will certainly help us establish a sustainable relationship with our financial stakeholders in the region.”
Within the Group’s Executive Committee, Wilhelm also oversees business activities in Singapore as part of the company’s drive to enhance its global footprint.
The new Airbus Group Financial Hub team in Singapore will leverage its local presence to further the development of Airbus Group’s relationships already established with the financial community and the potential investors in the region, bringing value to its stakeholders and customers. In addition, the team will be responsible for the on-going development of Airbus Group corporate financing activities in the region.
About Airbus Group
Airbus Group is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2012, the Group – comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space, and Airbus Helicopters – generated revenues of € 56.5 billion and employed a workforce of over 140,000.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee