Airbus Group has announced plans to set up a financial hub in Singapore as part of its strategy to support the financial business activities of all Airbus Group entities in Singapore and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations countries (ASEAN).
“Singapore is a key strategic market for Airbus, located at the heart of the fastest growing market for commercial aviation. So it’s natural that we continue to develop our presence in this key region to be even closer to our customers,” said Airbus Group Chief Financial Officer, Harald Wilhelm. “We are building business partnerships in Singapore covering among other things, R&T, material management and supply chain development. And there is upside potential for more. The proximity of a small dedicated Airbus financial team in Singapore will certainly help us establish a sustainable relationship with our financial stakeholders in the region.”
Within the Group’s Executive Committee, Wilhelm also oversees business activities in Singapore as part of the company’s drive to enhance its global footprint.
The new Airbus Group Financial Hub team in Singapore will leverage its local presence to further the development of Airbus Group’s relationships already established with the financial community and the potential investors in the region, bringing value to its stakeholders and customers. In addition, the team will be responsible for the on-going development of Airbus Group corporate financing activities in the region.
About Airbus Group
Airbus Group is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2012, the Group – comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space, and Airbus Helicopters – generated revenues of € 56.5 billion and employed a workforce of over 140,000.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator