Airbus Group has announced plans to set up a financial hub in Singapore as part of its strategy to support the financial business activities of all Airbus Group entities in Singapore and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations countries (ASEAN).
“Singapore is a key strategic market for Airbus, located at the heart of the fastest growing market for commercial aviation. So it’s natural that we continue to develop our presence in this key region to be even closer to our customers,” said Airbus Group Chief Financial Officer, Harald Wilhelm. “We are building business partnerships in Singapore covering among other things, R&T, material management and supply chain development. And there is upside potential for more. The proximity of a small dedicated Airbus financial team in Singapore will certainly help us establish a sustainable relationship with our financial stakeholders in the region.”
Within the Group’s Executive Committee, Wilhelm also oversees business activities in Singapore as part of the company’s drive to enhance its global footprint.
The new Airbus Group Financial Hub team in Singapore will leverage its local presence to further the development of Airbus Group’s relationships already established with the financial community and the potential investors in the region, bringing value to its stakeholders and customers. In addition, the team will be responsible for the on-going development of Airbus Group corporate financing activities in the region.
About Airbus Group
Airbus Group is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2012, the Group – comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space, and Airbus Helicopters – generated revenues of € 56.5 billion and employed a workforce of over 140,000.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment