Airbus Group has announced plans to set up a financial hub in Singapore as part of its strategy to support the financial business activities of all Airbus Group entities in Singapore and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations countries (ASEAN).
“Singapore is a key strategic market for Airbus, located at the heart of the fastest growing market for commercial aviation. So it’s natural that we continue to develop our presence in this key region to be even closer to our customers,” said Airbus Group Chief Financial Officer, Harald Wilhelm. “We are building business partnerships in Singapore covering among other things, R&T, material management and supply chain development. And there is upside potential for more. The proximity of a small dedicated Airbus financial team in Singapore will certainly help us establish a sustainable relationship with our financial stakeholders in the region.”
Within the Group’s Executive Committee, Wilhelm also oversees business activities in Singapore as part of the company’s drive to enhance its global footprint.
The new Airbus Group Financial Hub team in Singapore will leverage its local presence to further the development of Airbus Group’s relationships already established with the financial community and the potential investors in the region, bringing value to its stakeholders and customers. In addition, the team will be responsible for the on-going development of Airbus Group corporate financing activities in the region.
About Airbus Group
Airbus Group is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2012, the Group – comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space, and Airbus Helicopters – generated revenues of € 56.5 billion and employed a workforce of over 140,000.
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk