Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), recognized PLUS Helicopter Services Sdn Bhd during the Singapore Airshow Customer Reception on February 10, for its dedication to saving lives amidst challenging conditions.
In May 2013, PLUS Heli deployed a Bell 429 to rescue severely burned crew members injured when a container ship’s boiler exploded 140 nautical miles northwest of Kuantan. Two months later, PLUS flew a second successful mission when a tanker’s crew member suffered a stroke 160 nautical miles northwest of Penang Island, again leveraging the exceptional performance of the Bell 429.
“Their efforts and commitment to go beyond their call, multiple times, is worthy of recognition,” said C.M. Hwang, Bell Helicopter’s regional sales director in Asia Pacific. “PLUS Heli leveraged the versatility, speed and range of the Bell 429 to safely and reliably perform these two challenging missions, saving the lives of several individuals. We are honored to present them with this very well deserved award.”
PLUS Helicopter Services Sdn Bhd (PLUS Heli), located in Selangor, Malaysia, took delivery of their first Bell helicopter in 2012 – a Bell 429. Primarily used as corporate transport and highway monitoring by PLUS Heli, the 429 is a versatile multi-mission aircraft. As the new standard in the light twin-engine helicopter air ambulance segment, the Bell 429 features class-leading speed for quick response times and a state-of-the-art flight deck for maximized situational awareness. In addition to its performance, the 429 delivers comfort and cost management unmatched by any other aircraft in its category.
The Bell 429 has a top speed of 150 knots and a range of 400 miles making it the ideal rapid response aircraft for offshore HAA situations. Capable of carrying one or two pilots, two or three paramedics as well as a patient on a stretcher, the 429 features a spacious 5.78 m³ cabin with a flat floor, wide 157 cm side doors and optional rear clam-shell doors to provide quick, easy access for patient loading and unloading. The Bell 429 is also equipped with a fully-integrated glass cockpit, advanced drive system and best-in-class WAAS navigation and IFR capability, offering air medical operators exceptional flight performance.
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429
- NZ Police contract with new operator and will switch to Bell 429
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance grounded by Heli Charter liquidation
- Bell to showcase at MEBAA 2018
- Bell 429 – TB_429-18-58 – Bellcrank Assemblies
- Bell showcases at Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2018
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-21-15 – Rod End
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-16-51 – Tail rotor gearbox
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- Bell Delivers Three B429s
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Bell annonces sale of 2 B429s to EDIC Horizon
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s