AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the Royal Thai Army has taken delivery of two AW139 twin-engine helicopters. Ordered at the end of 2012, these aircraft will perform transport and utility missions across the nation. The contract, which also includes a comprehensive maintenance and training package, marks the entrance of the AW139 into Thailand’s military helicopter market and further expands the success of the type in the country.
The Royal Thai Army adds to a growing number of military customers who have ordered or are already operating the AW139 for a wide range of roles including VIP and government transport, utility, search and rescue, emergency medical service, troop transport, border patrol, law enforcement, special operations and homeland security. The armed forces of Ireland, Qatar, UAE and Italy just a few of those operating the AW139 today.
The AW139 delivers best-in-class performance with a maximum cruise speed of 165 knots (306 kph), a range in excess of 500 nm (927 km), endurance of 5 hours and superior hover performance in hot conditions. It also has the largest cabin in its class, which can accommodate up to 15 passengers. The unobstructed cabin design allows maximum flexibility for different seating configurations and the transport of equipment. The baggage compartment, provides a massive 3.4 cubic meters (120 cubic feet) of storage which is easily accessible from both the cabin and outside the helicopter.
The AW139 is the world’s best-selling helicopter in its class and the only new generation aircraft in its class in service today. Over 620 AW139s are now in service worldwide. Over 200 customers from approximately 60 countries have ordered over 750 AW139 helicopters so far.
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- Victoria Police to replace Dauphins with AW139s
- LCI completes AW139 transition with Elitaliana
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Bristow Caribbean marks 30,000 hour milestone in AW139 fleet
- CHC implements real-time HUMS
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- US Air Force selects the MH-139 based on Leonardo AW139
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Aramco signs AW139 fleet renewal deal
- EASA approves United Rotorcraft EMS interior STC for AW139 and AW169
- TAL Reveals New AW139s
- ASU Obtains EASA NVIS STC on AW139
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- LCI expands into China with lease of three AW139s
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Bristow renews and expands Perenco AW139 contract
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s