Kitchener Aero Avionics (KAAV) – is pleased to announce the addition of an FAA STC for their “Glass-Cockpit” upgrade to the Eurocopter EC-120 helicopter. This STC has been granted under FAA Project No. ST07457NY-R.
The Canadian STC was granted in December 2012. The heart of this mod is the Garmin G500H Flight Display system with Helicopter Synthetic Vision (HSVT), an Altitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) and Air Data. Also included is the Garmin GDL-69/69A XM Weather DataLink, an Avidyne TAS-605 Traffic Awareness System, and a Honeywell KRA-405B Radar Altimeter system.
In announcing this added STC, Barry Aylward, President of KAAV stated “The addition of this FAA STC has been eagerly anticipated by KAAV, Garmin, and EC-120 operators worldwide.
The increased safety and reliability offered by the G500H is an attractive and worthwhile mod to EC 120 owners and operators all over the world. Thanks to the efforts of the FAA we can now get started on bringing this upgrade into their cockpits.”
Barry Aylward will be at the upcoming HAI HELI-EXPO in Anaheim, CA from Feb 24–27 and is available to meet with operators and discuss this mod. Anyone interested should contact him at the address below prior to the convention.
For additional information about KAAV or this STC, visit them on the web at www.kitcheneraero.com. Or feel welcome to call and email Barry Aylward – 1-800-928-4669 (Canada) or [email protected]
- 12-Sep-20 N453F Airbus H120 Baltimore, US-Maryland
- 11-Aug-20 N45?F Airbus H120 Baltimore, US-Maryland
- 22-Nov-18 N124ML Airbus H120 La Romana, Dominican Republic (5F)
- Albuquerque Police look to replace EC120
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- 21-Mar-18 VH-WII Airbus EC120 Hardy Reef, Australia (2F)
- Rotortrade reports 2017 results
- San Jose City Council approves Airbus H125 to replace H120
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Baltimore Mayor proposes cutting one of four Police EC120s
- Aeropartner took delivery of the first multi-purpose EC-120B
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- Swedish Government resumes state-funded pilot training
- Vector Aerospace expands FAA-approved ADS-B STC upgrade
- New Additions to Superior Air Fleet
- JSSI Enrolls HeliAir Sweden Fleet
- HeliAir Sweden Replaces MD500s with EC120B
- New Thermal Imaging Camera funded by Winnipeg Police