Défense Conseil International (DCI) just won the bid “Helicopter Basic Flying Training Syllabus Harmonisation Study (2 HS)” launched by the European Defence Agency (EDA). The study, which will be presented next June, is aiming at implementing a European reference syllabus concerning the ab initio training of helicopter pilots.
The importance of this project had been pointed out during helicopter training exercises at the European level. Between 2009 and 2013, 123 helicopters, around 800 crews and 5000 support personnel were deployed in multinational exercises which took place in France (Gap), Spain, Italy, Portugal and Belgium.
“We are looking forward to continuing our cooperation with the European Defence Agency concerning the training of helicopter pilots” declared General Patrick Tanguy, Executive Vice-President of DCI-COFRAS. “This significant and current matter requires a strong involvement of everyone tosearch for synergies which are strengthening the European Security and Defence Policy.”
The company was created in 1972 to assist military equipment sales to foreign countries. Its main mission consisted of providing operational training courses based on the know-how of the French Armed Forces. DCI is an upper medium size service provider in which the French government is the concurring shareholder. DCI now operates throughout the defense and security spectrum. Culturally close to the Ministry of Defense, DCI offers outsourcing services to foreign countries, for:
- consulting and assistance throughout the life cycle of armament programs,
- training engineering in the academic, operational and technical fields.
Lastly, DCI and its subsidiaries have been partners of the French Armed Forces for 10 years within the scope of service contracts and are endeavouring to extend their activities to European Union countries.
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter