Défense Conseil International (DCI) just won the bid “Helicopter Basic Flying Training Syllabus Harmonisation Study (2 HS)” launched by the European Defence Agency (EDA). The study, which will be presented next June, is aiming at implementing a European reference syllabus concerning the ab initio training of helicopter pilots.
The importance of this project had been pointed out during helicopter training exercises at the European level. Between 2009 and 2013, 123 helicopters, around 800 crews and 5000 support personnel were deployed in multinational exercises which took place in France (Gap), Spain, Italy, Portugal and Belgium.
“We are looking forward to continuing our cooperation with the European Defence Agency concerning the training of helicopter pilots” declared General Patrick Tanguy, Executive Vice-President of DCI-COFRAS. “This significant and current matter requires a strong involvement of everyone tosearch for synergies which are strengthening the European Security and Defence Policy.”
The company was created in 1972 to assist military equipment sales to foreign countries. Its main mission consisted of providing operational training courses based on the know-how of the French Armed Forces. DCI is an upper medium size service provider in which the French government is the concurring shareholder. DCI now operates throughout the defense and security spectrum. Culturally close to the Ministry of Defense, DCI offers outsourcing services to foreign countries, for:
- consulting and assistance throughout the life cycle of armament programs,
- training engineering in the academic, operational and technical fields.
Lastly, DCI and its subsidiaries have been partners of the French Armed Forces for 10 years within the scope of service contracts and are endeavouring to extend their activities to European Union countries.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf