AmSafe Bridport Limited has been awarded a contract from the French Direction Générale de L’armement (DGA) for its requirement for a multipurpose helicopter transport system [designated as système d’hélitransport polyvalent; (SHP)] for the French armed forces helicopter fleet.
The SHP is a suite of specialist helicopter cargo lifting equipment capable of safely and efficiently transporting a wide range of cargo loads, both internally and underslung.
The contract is for the supply and support of 256 sets of equipment over a period of seven years. The equipment will be utilized on a wide range of French armed forces helicopters including NH-90, Puma, Super Puma, Cougar and Caracal.
Most of the equipment to be supplied is designed and manufactured by AmSafe Bridport, including its unique QuickDrop remote controlled pendent and hook system which allows loads to be safely dropped by the helicopter crew without the need for the presence of ground crew. QuickDrop enables faster detachment of cargo loads with reduced risks to troops on the ground.
The contract was awarded after a competitive tendering process and is valued at 12.5M Euros.
Neal McKeever, Sales & Marketing Director at AmSafe Bridport stated “This contract win further strengthens AmSafe Bridport’s position as the world leading provider of helicopter cargo transportation systems. Our unique and effective products have been developed by working closely with the worlds armed forces to understand their needs and engineer solutions that provide significant benefits”.
Ian Kentfield, President of AmSafe Bridport reflected, “This significant defence systems contract, coming almost exactly one year after AmSafe Bridport secured a contract to supply its Tarian Rocket Propelled Grenade protection system to the UK MOD, plus recent success in the commercial aviation sector with the launch of its fire containment cover with UPS and ultra-light weight pallet nets with KLM- Royal Dutch Airlines demonstrates the success of the company’s strategy to focus on key market niches where it has developed a thorough understanding of customer needs and is able to harness its innovative skills and unique capabilities to provide world class solutions for global aerospace and defence markets.
About AmSafe Bridport Limited
AmSafe Bridport Limited is headquartered in Bridport, Dorset, UK and has subsidiaries in the United States of America and Sri Lanka. At its Bridport UK facility AmSafe Bridport designs and manufactures cargo handling and airframe products for both commercial aviation and defence; provides MRO services for airframe products; and designs and manufactures RPG protection systems for use by the military. For more information, visit www.amsafebridport.com.
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Patria received a follow-on NH90 maintenance order
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018
- Norway to Use NH90 For Coastguard Missions