DART Aerospace today announced that the next generation engine protection system for the AS350 and EC130 family of helicopters has been successfully installed and flight-tested in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
The PA100 PUREair System, co-developed by Pall Aerospace and DART Aerospace, is a totally redesigned, reengineered, and retested engine air protection system that takes the capabilities of its EAPS predecessors to the next level. Featuring Pall’s latest PUREair technology, the new system is self-cleaning and virtually maintenance-free, unlike other filtration systems qualified for this aircraft. The PA100 PUREair system will provide the highest level of helicopter engine protection while offering a 2% gain in engine power over conventional inlet barrier filter.
The new system will be launched and showcased at Heli-Expo 2014, February 25-27 in Anaheim, CA. Heli-Expo is the world’s largest exhibition dedicated to the international helicopter community.
During the four-hour evaluation that included over 20 take-offs and landings, the aircraft was taken up to 21,000 ft. and the PUREair system exceeded performance expectations in all areas of flight. Now that this milestone has been achieved, Pall and DART will seek Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval, which will allow AS350 and EC130 operators to install this equipment on their helicopters.
“There are a lot of great features in this new design,” said Mike O’Reilly, President of DART Aerospace. “The flight trial exceeded our expectations. The PUREair had less impact on engine performance compared to conventional inlet barrier filter and the new FOD screen also made no perceivable difference to the air flow. We also want to thank Great Slave Helicopters for their continuous support during the flight test program.”
“This technology brings real advancements in helicopter engine protection,” said Todd Barrett, Vice President of Marketing at Pall. “Not only will operators realize improvements in flight safety, reliability and mission availability, but this new system offers improved aircraft performance while reducing overall operating costs.”
This next generation system utilizes the latest advances in Pall Aerospace Technology, including 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) optimized system design and innovative nano-material technologies. The PUREair vortex tube works in all weather conditions, including ice, snow, heavy rain, and salt spray, and the system will be certified for inadvertent entry into icing conditions.
After securing Canada STC approval, DART and Pall will seek FAA and EASA STC approvals as well.
To learn more about Pall Aerospace Technology solutions, please visit: http://www.pall.com/PUREAir
About DART Aerospace
DART Aerospace is “Mission Ready”. A privately held aerospace company, we provide industry-leading design, manufacturing and market-certified solutions for the helicopter and aerospace industry. With an impressive line-up of over 700 STC’s and 5,000 products, DART offers a comprehensive portfolio of: aftermarket products, accessories, spare parts and tools for civil and military operators, all major rotorcraft OEMs, completion centers and MR&O facilities. DART’s key products include: flotation systems, landing gears, interior and exterior accessories, cargo expansion, external loads, cable cutters and filters. All this, in addition to extensive engineering capabilities and manufacturing centers delivering fast time-to-market solutions with superior customer support in over 120 countries worldwide.
About Pall Corporation
Pall Corporation (NYSE:PLL) is a filtration, separation and purification leader providing solutions to meet the critical fluid management needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry. Pall works with customers to advance health, safety and environmentally responsible technologies. The company’s engineered products enable process and product innovation and minimize emissions and waste. Pall Corporation is an S&P 500 company serving customers worldwide. Follow us on Twitter @PallCorporation or visit www.pall.com.
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s
- 13-Sep-20 PP-MRA Airbus AS350 Arapiraca, Brazil
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350B2 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Les Bergeronne, Canada
- 04-Aug-20 TG-PME Airbus AS350 Chisec, Guatemala (1F)
- 31-Jul-20 CC-DAM Airbus AS350B3 Santiago, Chile
- 26-Jul-20 F-GNLM Airbus AS350 Clermont-Ferrand, France
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350