tep Change in Safety broadly welcomes today’s publication of the Civil Aviation Authority’s (CAA) safety review and recognises that the report highlights a number of important actions and recommendations for the industry.
Our focus has been and always will be making the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS) the safest place to work in the worldwide oil and gas industry.
Les Linklater, team leader, said “Through our Helicopter Safety Steering Group (HSSG), we look forward to playing an active role and working with the CAA to better understand the implications of the actions and recommendations.
“We look forward to working with the CAA’s proposed offshore operations safety forum with the shared goal of improving offshore safety.
“We are keen to analyse the CAA’s actions and recommendations and the impact they could have on offshore safety. Every offshore action and recommendation in an industry as complicated as ours has intended and unintended consequences. We will immediately start the analysis of these consequences at our HTG meeting tomorrow (Friday, February 20). HSSG will strive to take a balanced view and to feed its considerations back to the CAA. Our most important priority now is how we manage the transition in a safe and orderly manner.
“We all have a part to play in improving our overall safety performance.
“As always, our priority is our workforce. Step Change in Safety will continue our regular communications and updates, ensuring they have the facts and information they need and that we respond to issues raised by the workforce.”
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers