Airbus Helicopters Inc. on Tuesday announced the purchase of two EC175s by CHI Aviation, to be utilized in search and rescue missions and passenger transport for its oil and gas customers along the Gulf Coast.
Established in 1980 and accident free, CHI Aviation provides search and rescue and passenger transport services to oil and gas customers in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico, as well as aerial crane services throughout North America and the Caribbean. CHI, based in Howell, Mich. is also a contractor with the U.S. Department of Defense.
“We are excited about the addition of the EC175 to our fleet,” said CHI Aviation President Chris Turner. “Our customers will benefit greatly from the value added service we will provide with this class of aircraft.”
Scheduled for delivery in 2017, the two EC175s are the first Airbus Helicopters purchase for CHI. The two aircraft will be based south of New Orleans at the company’s Galliano, La. location, expanding search and rescue capabilities and passenger transport for CHI’s Gulf Mission.
“Airbus Helicopters is proud to team with CHI Aviation and is excited about the new super medium-twin market in the Gulf of Mexico,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters, Inc. “The EC175 was designed to meet the demands of operators in variety of mission environments and is particularly well suited for the oil and gas industry.”
The new-generation 16-18-seat EC175 raises the bar for medium helicopters, combining a best-in-class 434 cu. ft. cabin with a large 685 gallon standard fuel capacity for extended range, making it ideal for offshore crew transfer flights, search and rescue missions, homeland security roles, and emergency medical flights. The energy attenuating seats and oversized Type IV emergency exits provide occupants the highest standards in safety, while the advanced design and features of the EC175, including a digital 4-axis autopilot, enables it to achieve ranges comparable with larger, less-fuel efficient designs, protecting both the environment and the operator’s bottom line.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI) is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- 23-Sep-20 G-???? Airbus H175 Aberdeen, UK
- NHV extends North Sea contract with Ithaca Energy
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- NHV H175 fleet exceeds 30000 flight hours
- Babcock Australasia reports successful first year of H175 operations
- Airbus receives EASA Certification for Rig’N Fly for the H175
- NHV H175 fleet reaches 8,500 flights in 3 years
- Airbus and NHV celebrate three years flying H175s
- EASA certification for the Rig’N Fly
- Royal Thai Police becomes first H175 operator in Asia Pacific
- Milestone and Babcock celebrate lease fleet of 50
- CHC commences H175 revenue operations
- CHC signs HCare contract with Airbus for H175
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Milestone helps CHC launch SuperMedium program
- CHC takes delivery of first H175 aircraft
- CHC to add AW189 and H175 to fleet
- Waypoint Leasing to Bolster Fleet with 16 New Airbus Helicopters
- EASA raises H175 gross weight to 7.8 tonnes