EagleMed, a critical care air medical transport provider, has ordered 11 Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI) AS350 Inlet Barrier Filter Systems (IBF), joining a growing number of air medical operators relying on Donaldson Aerospace & Defense’s IBF systems to protect the engines on their helicopters and support the completion of their critical missions.
The IBFs assist in shielding engines from the damaging effects of dirt, dust, sand, salt and foreign objects, protecting performance and reliability. These advanced filtration systems provided by Donaldson also help operators lower maintenance costs by reducing the need for unscheduled engine inspections. Donaldson will display its IBF products in Exhibit 1002 during the upcoming Heli-Expo 2014, February 24-27 in Anaheim, Calif.
“Lives often are on the line when the call goes out for an air medical helicopter,” said Eric Erickson, General Manager at Donaldson Aerospace & Defense in St. Louis. “All of us at Donaldson are proud that EagleMed and other air medical operators recognize the value of our IBFs in supporting their ability to fly these critical missions.” EagleMed joins a growing list of air medical providers flying clean with Donaldson.
“As far as engine health goes, the Donaldson IBFs provide a superior solution,” said David Brigham, managing director of United Rotorcraft Services, a division of Air Methods. “The IBFs provide higher power margins, lighter weight and better engine protection. In the past, we’ve seen horrible compressor erosion for aircraft operating in harsh environments. That’s just not a problem with the IBFs.” As a result, United Rotorcraft Solutions/Air Methods has added 20 IBFs to its mixed helicopter fleet.
Other air medical operators choosing Donaldson IBFs include:
- CareFlight of Australia operates with IBFs on a fleet of AgustaWestland AW109E/SPs and AW139s.
- Kagoshima International Aviation of Japan recently installed an IBF on its third AW109E/SP.
- In Canada, Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society (STARS) selected IBFs for its new air medical AW139.
- In the U.S., Hospital Wing chose the IBF system to protect its newest helicopter, a Eurocopter EC130B4.
- The Air Medical Resource Group has installed IBFs on its fleet of Eurocopter AS350B3e helicopters.
To learn more about the Donaldson Aerospace & Defense group, visit www.DonaldsonAerospace-Defense.com.
About Donaldson’s Aerospace & Defense Group
Donaldson’s Aerospace & Defense Group is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems for the aerospace and defense industry. Our filtration solutions protect fixed-wing aircraft, rotorcraft, military ground vehicles, electronic equipment, space vehicles, missiles, military shipboard systems and amphibious vehicles. We are committed to advancing filtration technology and providing quality products and prompt customer service. Our group serves customers from sales, engineering and manufacturing locations around the world.
About Donaldson Company
Donaldson is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems that improve people’s lives, enhance our Customers’ equipment performance and protect our environment. We are a technology-driven Company committed to satisfying our Customers’ needs for filtration solutions through innovative research and development, application expertise and global presence. Our approximately 12,400 employees contribute to the Company’s success by supporting our Customers at our more than 140 sales, manufacturing and distribution locations around the world.
Donaldson is a member of the S&P MidCap 400 and Russell 1000 indices, and our shares trade on the NYSE under the symbol DCI. Additional information is available at www.donaldson.com.
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- 03-Dec-18 HB-ZCM Airbus AS350 Arbedo-Castione, Switzerland
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- EuroTec Installs First North American Maximum Pilot View Kit
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s