Honeywell Aerospace’s (NYSE: HON) LASEREF VI navigation system has been selected by Airbus Helicopters for its light helicopter platforms, the EC145 T2 and EC645 T2 family.
The LASEREF inertial reference unit (IRU) allows helicopter operators to always have an autonomous navigation source available in the absence of a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) and radio navigation. The capability is especially useful when navigating during a mission when the GNSS is unavailable due to terrain masking, limited satellite constellation availability, or unintentional or intentional jamming.
“LASEREF will provide Airbus Helicopters with exactly what they’re looking for — an always-available and highly reliable navigation system,” said Varant Panossian, customer business manager at Honeywell Aerospace. “When you’re in extreme situations, navigation is essential for everything from crew safety to completing critical missions.”
Designed for fixed-wing and rotary-wing applications, the LASEREF is the lightest and smallest IRU on the market, but delivers the highest reliability in the industry. Its integration with a Global Positioning System prevents delays in information delivery and keeps operations running safely and efficiently even under harsh environments and demanding mission situations.
Honeywell Aerospace is exhibiting at Heli-Expo 2014 in Anaheim, Calif., Feb. 24–27, 2014. To learn more about navigation and other systems to enhance the safety and efficiency of your fleet, visit with Honeywell at Booth #6502.
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Read more about Honeywell at Heli-Expo 2014
- Visit Honeywell Aerospace Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell’s Corporate RSS feed
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. The Aerospace business unit develops and integrates technologies that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable transportation-related experiences. For more information, visit http://aerospace.honeywell.com or follow us at @honeywell_aero on Twitter.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana