Helinet Technologies, an international provider of aviation technology solutions to the law enforcement, government and military markets, announced today its selection by the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) to develop and support a technology upgrade of the microwave downlink system utilized by the department’s Air Support Division (ASD). The existing downlink, which was also developed by Helinet, is a key ASD asset, enabling air crews to transmit uninterrupted HD video and data from LAPD aircraft to ground personnel and command sites in real time. At the time of its initial launch, the system was one of the first HD surveillance and microwave downlink solutions in operation.
Helinet will be upgrading the downlink to a multiband transmission design, making it fully interoperable with the aerial broadcast systems of regional law enforcement partners such as the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, the Long Beach Police Department and the FBI. The new system will enhance regional security, preparedness and emergency response operations by allowing the LAPD to seamlessly receive and share aerial video, audio and data transmissions with multiple partners on a continuous, always-on basis. Complete signal security will be provided via 256 Bit AES encryption of all audio, video and data traffic.
“Helinet has been a valued partner in supporting our airborne law enforcement operations over the past decade and has an excellent track record in developing multiband downlink systems for other major public safety and government agencies,” said Sergeant Jorge Gonzalez, LAPD, Air Support Division, Support Section Officer-in-Charge. “We look forward to their leadership in implementing and supporting this powerful, new intelligence sharing and communications capability.”
With the downlink upgrade, the LAPD will be able to receive interference-free streaming of live aerial images from law enforcement, public safety and broadcast news partners operating across the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, including Ventura, Orange County, Riverside and San Bernardino. In addition to designing and deploying the upgrade, Helinet will provide documentation, training and ongoing support.
“We have enjoyed a long working relationship with the LAPD and are pleased to have been selected to upgrade the Air Support Division’s microwave downlink,” said Ron Magocsi, chief operating officer for Helinet Technologies. “Technology that supports frictionless inter-agency coordination and sharing of data resources is a critical component of law enforcement and public safety agency response, particularly during large scale operations. With the new downlink, the LAPD will gain a seamless connection to the aerial resources of multiple law enforcement, public safety and broadcast partners in the Southern California region.”
About Helinet Technologies
Helinet Technologies is an international provider of aviation technology solutions to the law enforcement, government and military markets. Backed by decades of experience deploying customized surveillance and broadcasting systems for organizations across the globe, the firm offers a full suite of services, ranging from basic equipment sales to fully outsourced surveillance solutions, including providing pilots and aircraft.
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- 08-Nov-20 TG-GEA Airbus AS350B3 Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- 26-Oct-20 N530H Airbus AS350B3 Arenas Valley, NM
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s
- 13-Sep-20 PP-MRA Airbus AS350 Arapiraca, Brazil
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350B2 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Les Bergeronne, Canada
- 04-Aug-20 TG-PME Airbus AS350 Chisec, Guatemala (1F)
- 31-Jul-20 CC-DAM Airbus AS350B3 Santiago, Chile