Maverick Helicopters continues to grow its Grand Canyon and Las Vegas tour business with the addition of Airbus Helicopters EC130 T2s to its aircraft fleet.
Maverick, based in Henderson, Nev., is upgrading its all-Airbus Helicopters fleet. The company, which operates a fleet of 34 EC130 B4s, signed an agreement in 2012 to purchase up to 50 EC130 T2s. It already has put five EC130 T2s into service with eight more scheduled for delivery in 2014.
“Maverick Helicopters has been pleased with the results of the T2,” said Maverick Helicopters Chief Executive Greg Rochna. “We look forward to expanding our fleet as our business continues to grow.”
The EC130 T2 is the best option for passenger tours. It provides a large, roomy cabin for a premiere level of comfort and visibility, combined with the latest technology and safety features. The Fenestron tail rotor makes the T2 the quietest helicopter in its class, meeting stringent noise standards for flying in the Grand Canyon.
“We are excited to further expand on the successful launch of the EC130 T2 and our longstanding partnership with Maverick Helicopters,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “Since 2012, Airbus Helicopters Inc. has delivered 20 EC130T2s in the U.S. The EC130 T2 continues to prove itself as the best passenger transport helicopter on the market.”
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI) is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase