Northrop Grumman Corporation NOC -0.49% has entered into an agreement with Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company, to supply its LCR-100 Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) for the Bell 412 helicopter through 2017.
The LCR-100 and other Northrop Grumman navigation products will be showcased at HELI-EXPO 2014 in booth #502 Feb. 25-27 in Anaheim.
Produced by Northrop Grumman Navigation and Maritime Systems Division’s subsidiary in Germany, Northrop Grumman LITEF, the LCR-100 AHRS is a widely used system that has been in service on numerous rotorcraft and fixed-wing platforms since its inception in 2008. The LCR-100 provides the aircraft with critical flight control and navigation data.
“Since the late 1990s, our involvement with Bell Helicopter on the B412 has been one of the cornerstones of our success,” said Eckehardt Keip, managing director for Northrop Grumman LITEF. “This extension of our long-term agreement strengthens Northrop Grumman’s commitment to Bell Helicopter and we look forward to continuing our support of this proven platform.”
The LCR‘100 employs a fibre-optic gyro-based inertial measurement unit and an advanced micro-electromechanical system triad accelerometer. The unit has a high-performance directional gyro mode, which minimizes compass errors, and exceeds the Technical Standard Order/ European Technical Standard Order (TSO/ETSO) C5e/f non-magnetic, gyro-stabilized drift requirement, enabling improved operation at extreme latitudes.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visitwww.northropgrumman.com for more information.
- Boost introduces Bell 212/412 Dual Hook Human External Cargo System
- Astronics Max-Viz 2300 Enhanced Vision System Receives Amended STC for Bell
- Babcock extends South Australia contract
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Leonardo AB412 – EASA AD 2020-0192 – Electrical Power – Cable Assembly
- Bell 205, 205, 212, 214, 412 – FAA AD 2020-16-10 – Shoulder harness
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Receives FAA STC for Bell 212 and 412
- Triumph To Provide Mechanical Flight Controls For Multiple Bell Platforms
- AAT delivers first Bell 412 EMS interior to Montenegro military
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Astronautics to provide integrated flight display system for Bell 412EPX
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Genesys Aerosystems’ Modernized Avionics Suite Achieved STC in Bell 412EP & 412
- 25-Oct-19 FAC0006 Bell 412 Albán, Colombia (6F)
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration