Northrop Grumman Corporation NOC -0.49% has entered into an agreement with Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company, to supply its LCR-100 Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) for the Bell 412 helicopter through 2017.
The LCR-100 and other Northrop Grumman navigation products will be showcased at HELI-EXPO 2014 in booth #502 Feb. 25-27 in Anaheim.
Produced by Northrop Grumman Navigation and Maritime Systems Division’s subsidiary in Germany, Northrop Grumman LITEF, the LCR-100 AHRS is a widely used system that has been in service on numerous rotorcraft and fixed-wing platforms since its inception in 2008. The LCR-100 provides the aircraft with critical flight control and navigation data.
“Since the late 1990s, our involvement with Bell Helicopter on the B412 has been one of the cornerstones of our success,” said Eckehardt Keip, managing director for Northrop Grumman LITEF. “This extension of our long-term agreement strengthens Northrop Grumman’s commitment to Bell Helicopter and we look forward to continuing our support of this proven platform.”
The LCR‘100 employs a fibre-optic gyro-based inertial measurement unit and an advanced micro-electromechanical system triad accelerometer. The unit has a high-performance directional gyro mode, which minimizes compass errors, and exceeds the Technical Standard Order/ European Technical Standard Order (TSO/ETSO) C5e/f non-magnetic, gyro-stabilized drift requirement, enabling improved operation at extreme latitudes.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visitwww.northropgrumman.com for more information.
- Genesys Aerosystems’ Modernized Avionics Suite Achieved STC in Bell 412EP & 412
- 25-Oct-19 FAC0006 Bell 412 Albán, Colombia (6F)
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Nigerian Air Force launches second Bell 412
- New developments for the Bell 412
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- Milestone leases two Bell 412s to FAASA for firefighting
- Norwegian Bell helicopters to be maintained by Patria
- Dart updates landing gear approvals for Bell 412 higher gross weight
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135