Business at Papillon Airways Inc. and sister company Rainer-Heli International continues to grow along with their ever-expanding Airbus Helicopters fleets.
Papillon and Rainer-Heli are two of 12 helicopter companies owned by the Halvorson family, who have been in the rotary-wing aircraft business since 1965. The two companies own a combined 70 helicopters. “We value our longstanding relationship with Airbus Helicopters Inc., knowing the aircraft will provide us with the latest technology and superior performance that we require,” said Lon Halvorson, President and Chief Executive of Rainier Heli-International and Executive Vice President of Papillon Airways.
Halvorson’s group has taken delivery of two Airbus Helicopters EC130T2s already in 2014, with two more to be delivered this year. They will take delivery of four T2s in both 2015 and 2016. Halvorson’s group received AS350B3e aircraft in 2013, with three more scheduled for delivery this spring and an option for an additional three AS350B3es this year.
Papillon specializes in Grand Canyon tours from the South Rim and Grand Canyon West from Las Vegas, as well as utility work, The company is consolidating its fleet into AS350B2, AS350B3e and the EC130T2. It ordered 20 EC130T2s in 2012. Sister company Rainier Heli, based in Kirkland, Wash., continues to expand its leasing and utility work, including offshore oil, firefighting and power line construction. All Papillon and Rainier helicopters are processed through Papillon’s Grand Canyon South Rim location and placed into service with Papillon or Rainier as needed.
“Airbus Helicopters continues to value the close partnerships with the Halvorson family, including Papillon and Rainier,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters, Inc. “All of the Halvorson companies depend on Airbus Helicopters for their success and we are committed to support them and contribute to that success well into the future.”
The EC130T2 provides improved performance, comfort and safety over its predecessor, making it the preferred option for passenger tours. It is the quietest aircraft in its class, meeting or exceeding the most stringent noise standards, including those in the Grand Canyon. The AS350B3e is the latest version of the AStar family, one of the most popular, high-tech helicopter platforms. Known for its performance, reliability, safety and multi-mission flexibility, the AS350B3e excels in hot conditions and high altitudes and is a favorite for utility work.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI) is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- 02-Dec-20 OF-??? Airbus AS350 Mombo, Botswana
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- 20-Nov-20 LV-FQN Airbus AS350B3 Coronel Moldes, Argentina (2F)
- 16-Nov-20 LN-OAX Airbus AS350B3 Lysefjorden, Norway
- 08-Nov-20 TG-GEA Airbus AS350B3 Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- 26-Oct-20 N530H Airbus AS350B3 Arenas Valley, NM
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s
- 13-Sep-20 PP-MRA Airbus AS350 Arapiraca, Brazil
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350B2 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)