Business at Papillon Airways Inc. and sister company Rainer-Heli International continues to grow along with their ever-expanding Airbus Helicopters fleets.
Papillon and Rainer-Heli are two of 12 helicopter companies owned by the Halvorson family, who have been in the rotary-wing aircraft business since 1965. The two companies own a combined 70 helicopters. “We value our longstanding relationship with Airbus Helicopters Inc., knowing the aircraft will provide us with the latest technology and superior performance that we require,” said Lon Halvorson, President and Chief Executive of Rainier Heli-International and Executive Vice President of Papillon Airways.
Halvorson’s group has taken delivery of two Airbus Helicopters EC130T2s already in 2014, with two more to be delivered this year. They will take delivery of four T2s in both 2015 and 2016. Halvorson’s group received AS350B3e aircraft in 2013, with three more scheduled for delivery this spring and an option for an additional three AS350B3es this year.
Papillon specializes in Grand Canyon tours from the South Rim and Grand Canyon West from Las Vegas, as well as utility work, The company is consolidating its fleet into AS350B2, AS350B3e and the EC130T2. It ordered 20 EC130T2s in 2012. Sister company Rainier Heli, based in Kirkland, Wash., continues to expand its leasing and utility work, including offshore oil, firefighting and power line construction. All Papillon and Rainier helicopters are processed through Papillon’s Grand Canyon South Rim location and placed into service with Papillon or Rainier as needed.
“Airbus Helicopters continues to value the close partnerships with the Halvorson family, including Papillon and Rainier,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters, Inc. “All of the Halvorson companies depend on Airbus Helicopters for their success and we are committed to support them and contribute to that success well into the future.”
The EC130T2 provides improved performance, comfort and safety over its predecessor, making it the preferred option for passenger tours. It is the quietest aircraft in its class, meeting or exceeding the most stringent noise standards, including those in the Grand Canyon. The AS350B3e is the latest version of the AStar family, one of the most popular, high-tech helicopter platforms. Known for its performance, reliability, safety and multi-mission flexibility, the AS350B3e excels in hot conditions and high altitudes and is a favorite for utility work.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI) is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- EuroTec Installs First North American Maximum Pilot View Kit
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- BLR Aerospace Announces First H125 FastFin System Factory Installation
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350