Turbomeca (Safran) celebrates 25-years partnership with the Brazilian air taxi company Helisul, a reference in the Brazilian aviation market.
Founded in 1972, Helisul Air Taxi sets nowadays as the largest air taxi company in Brazil and one of the largest in the world. Featuring a fleet of about 50 aircraft, 60 % of them equipped with Turbomeca engines, Helisul has been expanding its activities in different market sectors. Present in 10 bases scattered in Brazil, with approximately 260 employees, Helisul operates in sectors like Air Taxi,aircraft maintenance and emergency medical support, to different sectors of industry and government as police, petroleum, electric power, telecommunications, among others.
By obtaining the ISO 14001 certificate Helisul became the first airline company in Brazil to have such qualification. It expresses the concern of the company in environmental management and social responsibility, present in actions such as to combat fire in Amazonia control of waste in their hangars, reforestation, gas control, among others.
At Heli-Expo Turbomeca celebrates 40 million flying hours logged by Arriel engines. The milestone is further proof of the exceptional reliability offered by this family of turboshafts: since 1977, over 11,000 engines of the type have been produced. Many of the 40 million hours have been flown during operations in extreme conditions on 40 different types of helicopter.
Turbomeca (Safran) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced 70,000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,500 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 16 sites, 30 proximity maintenance centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers, and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units. For more information: www.turbomeca.com and www.safran-group.com.
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week