U.S. Helicopters Inc. a premier provider of full service, exclusive use Electronic News Gathering (ENG) helicopter programs in the U.S., continues to upgrade its fleet with the addition of two new Airbus Helicopters Inc. AS350B2s.
Delivered in July and December of 2013, the two new B2s will service news stations in two of the top five U.S. television markets as U.S. Helicopters continues to upgrade its fleet upgrade.
“We value our relationship with Airbus Helicopters Inc.,” said Greg Parsons, General Manager of U.S. Helicopters. “Their understanding of our needs, and that of our customers, helps us to deliver the right solution on time and on budget. Most importantly, Airbus Helicopters’ product support is always there when we need it to keep up with our demanding 24/7 operations.
“We have transitioned from a ‘one on every corner’ business model to a ‘high performance, responsive service, latest technology model’ to meet growing customer needs in a very demanding industry.”
The AS350B2 is required to support larger and heavier equipment needs including a U.S. Helicopters designed operator/engineer console in the cabin, while providing additional payload, speed, performance, hover, and on station time, all critical components of ENG. U.S. Helicopters designed and certified the modular console so it can be easily installed, removed, and modified.
“The AS350B2 offers the best cost-benefit of all new aircraft in class to meet end-user requirements, and the low acquisition and direct operating costs give stations best use of their budget dollars,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters, Inc. “We are pleased U.S. Helicopters continues to choose Airbus elicopters for their customers’ needs.”
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI) is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- 03-Dec-18 HB-ZCM Airbus AS350 Arbedo-Castione, Switzerland
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- EuroTec Installs First North American Maximum Pilot View Kit
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s