AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, announced today that it has delivered the first of six EMS configured AW119Kx to Life Link III, an air medical transportation provider operating in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
The aircraft was built and delivered from AgustaWestland’s Philadelphia assembly line and features a customized EMS interior and advanced life-saving equipment.
“As the most modern lifesaving EMS helicopter in operation today, the AW119Kx will allow Life Link III to complete their missions safely and reliably and improve the level of care delivered to patients in the communities in which they operate,” said Robert Brant, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, North America. “We’re pleased to deliver the first of six aircraft to Life Link III and look forward to our partnership in support of critical care transport.”
“We thank AgustaWestland and the team for meeting our high standards with the AW119Kx, and for supporting the lifesaving missions of Life Link III as we modernize our helicopter fleet with an improved medical cabin and expand our coverage area in the Midwest United States with the superior range and speed the A119Kx provides,” said Edward R. Eroe, Life Link III President and CEO.
Unveiled in October 2012, the AW119Kx is the latest evolution of the proven AW119 single engine helicopter which features the Garmin G1000HTM integrated flight deck system while keeping the AW119’s outstanding performance, cabin space and payload. The new avionics system includes a synthetic vision system, moving map, highway in the sky and obstacle/terrain avoidance systems for enhanced situational awareness and safety.
Over 250 AW119 helicopters have been ordered to date in more than 30 countries by over 100 customers. The new AW119Kx, like the AW119Ke, is perfectly suited to perform many roles including EMS, VIP/corporate transport, utility, fire-fighting, offshore transport, law enforcement and government duties.
Life Link III operates a network of five bases located throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Helicopter services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, providing on-scene emergency response and inter-facility transport. Life Link III’s transportation services are accredited by CAMTS (Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transportation Services), ensuring the highest standards of quality and safety are met on every transport.
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- New Mexico – Lifeguard Air Emergency Services to launch AW119Kx operations
- Finmeccanica picks FreeFlight RA4500 radalt as AW119 standard
- Life Link III awarded re-accreditation by CAMTS