Aviation Specialties Unlimited, (ASU) announced today that it completed its 800th FAA approved night vision cockpit modification prior to HELI EXPO. The modification was completed on an AW139 for Construction Helicopters, Inc., (CHI Aviation).
“Reaching 800 modifications is a significant milestone,” said ASU President James Winkel. “ASU from day one has committed to enhancing aircraft for NVG use that translates into safer missions for our customers. We will continue to build upon our past success and aid operations around the world with ASU.”
ASU presented a plaque at their booth at HELI EXPO in Anaheim, California to CHI to commemorate the milestone.
“CHI Aviation is pleased with the results and the cooperative association from ASU as we add this capability to our fleet of aircraft,” said CHI Aviation President Chris Turner. “NVG’s have been a considerable safety enhancement to operations and we are proud to be able to pass this capability on to our customers. CHI Aviation looks forward to a continuous positive relationship with ASU.”
Aviation Specialties Unlimited (ASU), http://www.asu-nvg.com was established in 1995 to meet the growing demand for aviation night vision systems. Since that time, the company has earned a reputation as a leading innovator in aviation night vision imaging system design, manufacturing, installation, certification, sales, training and service. In Latin America, ASU is a choice supplier of premier ground-based night vision goggles, training programs and maintenance initiatives. ASU continues to invest in the development of innovative products and solutions. In 2014, ASU expanded its corporate headquarters and staff to better serve customers around the world who operate in the air, on land, and by sea.
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate