Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc (NYSE: TXT) company, announced it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Van Horn Aviation to develop a composite main rotor blade for the Bell 206 product line.
Van Horn Aviation has agreed to design, certify and manufacture the rotor blades with input from Bell Helicopter Engineering. This will facilitate Bell Helicopter’s adoption of the blade.
“We continue to build on the success we have seen collaborating with Van Horn Aviation on the Bell 206 tail rotor blades,” said Eric Cardinali, executive vice president, Bell Helicopter Customer Support and Services. “We have seen a significant reduction in Direct Maintenance Costs (DMC) of the Bell 206B/L tail rotor blades currently on the market, and we are confident that this new endeavor will continue to help our customers manage their DMCs and keep them safely flying.”
“The Bell 206 main rotor blade MOU continues the on-going relationship with Bell Helicopter,” said James Van Horn, president, Van Horn Aviation. “We find the collaborative approach beneficial to both companies in bringing innovation and new technology to existing Bell Helicopter products.”
When certified, the Bell 206 main rotor blades along with the Bell 212/412 tail rotor blades will be distributed under Bell Helicopter’s Aeronautical Accessories brand. Under the Aeronautical Accessories brand, Bell Helicopter currently serves as the exclusive distributor for the Van Horn composite tail rotor blade for the Bell 206 B/L aircraft.
For more information on the Bell 206 series composite main rotor blade, please contact the Aeronautical Accessories sales team at 1.800.251.7094, email your questions to [email protected] or visit their website, www.aero-access.com.
- 28-Jan-20 AF-302 Bell 206 Bulo, Uganda (2F)
- Jotov & Son Bulgaria purchased an Entrol H01 FNPT II simulator
- 17-Oct-19 N167AG Bell 206B Marshville, US-North Carolina (1F)
- 16-Apr-19 N61PH Bell 206B Fountain Hills, US-Arizona (2F)
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- 11-Feb-19 PT-HPG Bell 206B Jabaquara, Brazil (2F)
- 04-Feb-19 VH-NXW Bell 206 Marcoola, Australia
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois
- 02-May-17 N911GE Bell 206B Fort McCoy, US-Florida
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale