Conklin & de Decker has announced that it will offer special savings this year on the three educational seminars they conduct annually. A graduated discount scale is being offered to those that register early for multiple seminars simultaneously via the Conklin & de Decker website.
- Register for all 3 Seminars – Receive 20% discount off full price
- Register for 2 Seminars – Receive 15% discount off full price
- Register for 1 Seminar – Receive 10%* discount off full price
*register within three-weeks of seminar date to receive this discount
For more than 14 years, Conklin & de Decker has been delivering informative programs covering important topics such as aircraft operating costs, taxes, and aircraft acquisition planning. This year’s line-up of educational seminars has been confirmed.
- Exploring Aircraft Operating Costs – May 13-14, 2014 in Grapevine, Texas
- Commercial Operators Tax – August 5-6, 2014 in Van Nuys, California
- Aircraft Acquisition Planning –December 9-10, 2014 in Scottsdale, Arizona
These seminars are in addition to the series of educational sessions that Conklin & de Decker conducts in affiliation with the Helicopter Association International (HAI) during the annual Heli-Expo convention.
The Exploring Aircraft Operating Costs Seminar was added last year and is designed for management personnel that deal with or have the responsibility for controlling operating costs. Managers from accounting, maintenance, inventory, operations, and others will find this course helpful in their effort to manage and understand operating costs. Individuals from fixed-wing or helicopter operations are encouraged to attend.
Everyone who owns, operates, or manages an aircraft encounters operating costs. But few understand them and fewer use them to influence their management decisions. The Exploring Aircraft Operating Costs Seminar focuses on this often misunderstood subject by exploring aircraft operating costs using a 3-step approach. The first step establishes a common foundation by identifying the various common categories of operating costs and discussing their definitions and assumptions. The second step examines the systems and methods for collecting operating cost data and converting it into information. The third step demonstrates how management can use operating cost information when making various decisions about the ownership and use of an aircraft.
The Commercial Operators Tax Seminar is the only Tax Seminar in the industry that is designed for the commercial operator (FAR Part 135) and focuses on the current tax issues affecting aircraft charter and management companies. Charter operators contend with a convoluted maze of Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), as well as Federal, State and local tax issues. Adding to the confusion is the additional tax complexity of Part 135 charter flying versus Part 91 owner flying. Who needs to pay tax on what charges and to whom are the taxes owed? How often are they paid and who collects? These are all questions for which simple answers are hard to find, so Conklin & de Decker put together this two-day seminar to cover it all.
Unique from other seminars and workshops, the 15th annual Conklin & de Decker Aircraft Acquisition Planning Seminar is the only seminar that is designed to help the aircraft buyer, aircraft owner or aviation professional make informed decisions when buying, selling and owning an aircraft. This seminar will focus on the many areas of concern that affect the aircraft owner, before, during and after the acquisition. It was created for the aircraft owner, manager or aviation professional that is faced with acquiring an aircraft, determining the best aircraft for their mission or developing a plan for changing their aircraft fleet.
All Conklin & de Decker seminars are recognized by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) for the Corporate Aviation Manager (CAM) certification credit program, allowing attendees to obtain CAM credits for their participation.
To learn more about these seminars or other Conklin & de Decker products and services, please visit them at Heli-Expo 2014 Booth #3002. Special show discounts of 10% on the four Conklin & de Decker core products will be available to Heli-Expo booth visitors as well as a chance to win an iPad® mini or Google® Nexus 7. For more information on becoming a sponsor for these seminars, please contact Christine Preston at [email protected] or call 928-443-8676.
About Conklin & de Decker
Conklin & de Decker, celebrating 30 years in business, is a leader in aviation research, consulting and education with offices in Massachusetts, Texas and Arizona. The company, founded in 1984, focuses on fixed- and rotary- wing aircraft operating cost, performance and specification databases, maintenance management software, financial management, fleet planning, market research, aviation tax issues, and offers financial, tax and management seminars. Conklin & de Decker consult with numerous individuals, corporations and government agencies worldwide. More information on their products and services and copies of articles can be found on their website, www.conklindd.com.
About NBAA CAM Program
The PURPOSE of CAM is to promote the interest of stakeholders (employers, direct users of corporate flight departments, passengers, etc., and others including the general public) by identifying flight department managers that are qualified and competent in corporate aviation management. Ultimately this is designed to raise the level of management skills for all managers within a flight department.
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service