AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce the order by Sloane Helicopters for two GrandNew light twin helicopters. The helicopters are expected to be delivered in 2015 and will be operated for VVIP and passenger transport missions.
This latest order by Sloane Helicopters further expands the already successful presence of AgustaWestland helicopter models in the light twin category in UK and Ireland, where Sloane has sold a total of 66 units from the AW109 legacy and Grand/GrandNew helicopters performing a range of roles including VIP/corporate transport, law enforcement and EMS.
Emilio Dalmasso, AgustaWestland’s Senior VP Commercial Business, said “This latest contract continues this long rewarding partnership with Sloane Helicopters and the continued success of the GrandNew in the UK market where AgustaWestland light twin helicopters are the market leader.”
David George, founder and chairman of Sloane Helicopters, commented: “These contracts further underline the Company’s commitment to AgustaWestland products and Sloane’s relationship with AgustaWestland, which is now in its 18th year.”
The GrandNew features the most modern developments in avionics while retaining the outstanding characteristics of the Grand. The GrandNew is the first type certified light twin (CS/JAR/FAR 27) to enter service with a new EFIS featuring Synthetic Vision and the first helicopter in this class on the market fully compliant with the latest advanced global positioning system-based navigation requirements for all weather operations. Orders for almost 340 helicopters from the Grand series have been placed by over 200 customers in nearly 40 countries worldwide to perform many missions including VIP/corporate transport, passenger transport, EMS, SAR, harbor pilot shuttle, maritime patrol and water pollution monitoring.
Sloane Helicopters has been supporting AgustaWestland’s UK and Ireland sales since 1996. The Distribution Agreement with Sloane is benefitting its customers by dramatically reducing delivery times which also helps AgustaWestland to maintain its position as market leader in the VIP and corporate transport market in the UK and Ireland. Sloane Helicopters is also an AgustaWestland Authorized Service Centre, providing maintenance and support services. Additionally Sloane Helicopters is a Type Rating Transition centre for AgustaWestland helicopters in the UK. The distribution agreement allows Sloane Helicopters to market and sell AgustaWestland GrandNew helicopters in the UK and Ireland for corporate and VIP operations.
- The Air Ambulance Service charity predicts £2.2M income shortfall but still has £12M in the bank
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Astronautics AFI 4700 RoadRunner EFI gains FAA STC for AW109E Power
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- 10-Jun-19 N200BK Leonardo AW109E Manhattan, US-New York (1F)
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109